Kansas City Offers Incentives to Keep American Airlines
- Domestic Carriers Anxiously Await Passage of Federal Aid Packages. Michels, Jennifer // Travel Agent;4/14/2003, Vol. 312 Issue 3, p79
Reports that the domestic airlines are waiting for the passage of the federal aid package in the U.S. Amount of money to be given to airlines; Proposals for giving tax reliefs instead of giving the a direct handout; Creation of the Office of Global Communications.
- Rescue plan accepted for airlines after Sept. 11 attacks. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;9/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p14
Reports the economic assistance package for compensation of losses and loan guarantees of the airline industry in the United States. Upgrade of airport and airline security; Establishment of government-sponsored victims compensation fund; Enhancement of war-risk insurance for domestic flights.
- American Airlines asks labor leaders and employees to deal. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;2/13/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p17
Reports that American Airlines Inc. has asked its employees and union leaders for permanent annual savings. Restructure of the labor agreements; Proposed sources of the permanent annual savings; Possibility of the company filing for bankruptcy protection.
- American Airlines avoids bankruptcy. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;5/1/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p39
Reports on the agreement between American Airlines and its union leaders to allow the implementation of modified labor contracts in an effort to avoid corporate bankruptcy. Impact of the agreement on employee benefits; Reduction of flight operations to Puerto Rico; Introduction of low-fare...
- Taking charge, Nashville style. Nelms, Douglas W. // Air Transport World;Apr94, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p65
Reports on Nashville, Tennessee, political and business leaders' efforts to keep the American Airlines Inc.'s hub in the city. City government's proposal to the airline; Mayor Philip Bredesen's role in the negotiation; City's help in the airline's marketing program; Incentive packages.
- American Airlines has invited... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/6/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p18
Reports that American Airlines Inc. has invited its pilots and union to build a more construction working arrangement through bi-monthly problem-solving meetings.
- AA/BA switcheroo. // Travel Daily;12/18/2012, p8
The article reports that American Airlines Inc. plans to cancel its mainline services between London Heathrow and Boston in England.
- AA slices Narita. // Travel Daily;8/29/2012, p6
The article focuses on the decision made by American Airlines Inc. to operate flights from Los Angeles, California to Tokyo Narita five times weekly between January 21 and February 13, 2013.
- New AA German port. // Travel Daily;4/15/2013, p8
The article reports that airline operator American Airlines Inc. has made Dusseldorf, Germany its latest European gateway from O'Hare Airport in Chicago, Illinois.