- What to Believe: Telecom Stocks or Bonds? Appin, Rick // High Yield Report;10/22/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Reports on stocks prices and bonds prices of the telecommunication sector in the U.S. Discrepancy between bond and stock prices; Prospects of telecommunication companies.
- New lows for bond yields. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/26/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 21, p3
Comments on the performance of stocks in various industries as of May 26, 2003. Forces driving stock prices; Low prices in bond yields; Background on the Dow Theory.
- Financial markets move cautiously. Myers, Randy // Nation's Business;Nov96, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p68
Analyzes the performance of the stock and bond market in the United States as of November 1996. Cautiousness of investors in bidding up stock and bond prices; Temporary investor panic over the July financial market tumble; Concerns over inflation and interest rates during the third quarter;...
- Azurix Bond Issue Could Signal Waning Support From Enron. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/07/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p24
Deals with the decision of Azurix Corp. to sell debentures. Cost of the debentures; Purpose of selling debentures; Stock prices of the company; Total global assets of the company.
- Secondary performs through distracted market. // High Yield Report;09/29/97, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the performance of the secondary market as of September 29, 1997. Distractions that failed to hurt the market, including the merger of Salomon Brothers and Smith Barney; Bond action related to Penn Traffic; Performance of radio credits, including CapStar and Citadel Broadcasting; How...
- Defying the Market, Insurers' Stocks Rose 14.4% in July. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;08/08/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30949, p7
Reports on the increase in stock prices for bond insurers in the United States in July 2000. Comparison with a decline in the Standard and Poor's 500 index; Reflection of increased uncertainties about general corporate profit growth during the period; Profitability of financial guaranty stocks.
- On the relation between stocks and bonds--part I. Kwan, Simon // FRBSF Economic Letter;07/28/96, Vol. 96 Issue 19, p1
Presents the findings of studies on the economic forces that drive bond and stock prices. Analysis of how stock and bond prices are determined using the present value model as a framework; Factors that influence the variance of excess stock and bond returns; Comovement between stocks and bonds.
- Stock & bond report. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/96, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p27
Presents charts and graphs of stock and bond prices in Michigan according to the October 21, 1996 issue of the periodical `Grand Rapids Business Journal'. Analyses from Dow Jones and Standard & Poor's; Bond yield index.
- Bond and stock markets plunged after. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham; Nordahl, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;7/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 165, p2
Reports decline in stock and bond prices in United States following Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan's comment on US economy.