Akerman Senterfitt Adds Lawyer to Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights Unit
- NY a focus for office openings. Westacott, Gemma // Lawyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p11
The article reports that many smaller law firms in the U.S. are taking a less internationalist approach to expansion by focusing on New York. Some of the law firms that opened offices in New York include Texas-based Lanier Law Firm, Illinois-based Jenner and Block LLC and Florida-based Akerman...
- Counsel Merger. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31829, p31
Orlando, Florida-based Akerman Senterfitt & Eidson PA, the 16th-ranked bond counsel in the Southeast last year has announced that it will merge with Tallahassee-based Katz Kutter Alderman & Bryant PA. The merger will create a firm of 415 attorneys, one of the largest in Florida. Katz Kutter has...
- Steel Hector tops minorities report. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p8
Lists the top 10 U.S. national law firms by diversity of employees. Steel Hector & Davis; Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati; Akerman Senterfitt; Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy.
- At the Bar. Sangillo, Gregg // National Journal;3/5/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p712
Reports that Republican campaign officials Mark Wallace and Terry Nelson have been hired by Florida-based law firm Akerman Senterfitt in March 2005. Career background of Wallace; Involvement of Nelson in politics; Significance of Nelson's campaign connections to the lobbying business of Akerman.
- Martinez Joins Law Firm While Preparing Senate Run. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31789, p32
Reports that former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Mel Martinez has accepted a job with the law firm of Akermann Senterfitt in Florida. Preparation to run for a U.S. Senate seat; Political background of Martinez; Features of Akermann Senterfitt.
- m&a appointments. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p18
Career developments involving employees of several companies in the U.S. are discussed. Akerman Senterfitt has added H. Frances Kleiner to its corporate department as a shareholder. Alvarez & Marsal Transaction Advisory Group has expanded its U.S. practice with the addition of five experienced...
- LAW FIRMS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p21
A list of the top law firms in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local attorneys is presented, including Lionel Sawyer & Collins, Lewis & Roca LLP, and Santoro, Driggs, Walch, Kearney, Holley & Thompson.
- Law firms. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p64
Ranks law companies in New Jersey by number of attorneys in their payroll. Includes McCarter & English; Sills Cummis Zuckerman Radin Rischman Epstein & Gross; Pitney Hardin Kipp & Szuch; Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti.
- Largest law firms. Szappanos, Anna // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/27/93, Vol. 14 Issue 52, p30
Presents a list of law firms in Cleveland, Ohio, ranked by number of local attorneys. Partners; Total offices; Salary for associates hired from law school; Managing partner; Contact information.