WINNERS & LOSERS
- Trading earnings for capital preservation. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;1/4/2011, p1
The article provides information on trading by stock exchanges in the U.S. on January 4, 2011. It informs that Dow Jones was up 11.02 percent, the Standard & Poor's (S & P) by 12.78 percent, and Nasdaq up by 16.91 percent. It further informs that a major state in the U.S. failed to pay interest...
- Stock Exchange Rules Get SEC Upgrade Aimed at Fewer Failures. Michaels, Dave // Traders Magazine;Dec2014, Vol. 26 Issue 370, p29
The article offers information on the reformation of stock exchange rules by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for limiting technology disruptions. Topics include application of new rules Regulation SCI on the Nasdaq Stock Market and the New York Stock Exchange, requirement of...
- Nasdaq lowers expectations on OptiMark link. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/09/98, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p9
Presents information on the Nasdaq Stock Market and its proposed link to the OptiMark trading system. Details on the agreement that it has signed with OptiMark Technologies; How it had planned to use the technology; When the site will be up; How it will work.
- Exchanges stock up on advertising. Kimball, James G. // Advertising Age;1/10/94, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ) stock-exchange's spending on television advertising to compete with the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Emphasis on NASDAQ's performance in the growth of stocks like Apple; NASDAQ's advertising spending in...
- Will Nasdaq's last move to decimals prove stormy? Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/9/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 14, pN.PAG
Discusses possible implications of NASDAQ's conversion to decimal pricing in April 2001 in the U.S. Number of listed stocks converted by NASDAQ from traditional pricing in fractions to penny increments in two phases; Opinion of NASDAQ officials regarding the shift to decimal pricing. Tendency...
- Revisiting Nasdaq Commissions: Decimalization reignites Nasdaq debate over charging commissions a larger and now-healthy market way for more EM issuers. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 25, pN.PAG
Reports that brokers in the U.S. dealing in NASDAQ stocks are exploring the possibility of charging commissions for execution of orders. Announcement of decimal pricing by the U.S. government; Problems involved in commission-based trading; Difficulty encountered by investors in isolating their...
- Nasdaq Inc. unveils plans for Trumbull expansions. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the unveiling of the Nasdaq Stock Market Inc.'s (Nasdaq Inc.) expansion plans in Trumbull, Connecticut. Company's refusal to hire additional employees; Purchase of an office building at 60 Merritt Boulevard to relocate the company's data center; Nasdaq's appeal for excessive personal...
- Nasdaq Brazil. Rigual, Luis R.; Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);Jun98, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p18
Reports that Nasdaq International has opened an office in Sao Paulo, Brazil to oversee Nasdaq activities in Latin American countries.
- Redefining the Private Placement Market After Sarbanes-Oxley: NASDAQ's PORTAL and Rule 144A. Schwieger, Elena // Business Lawyer;Feb2009, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p387
An abstract of an essay on NASDAQ's Portal by Elena Schwieger is presented.
- Nasdaq Stock Index 2011. // BioWorld Insight;5/9/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p16
A graph is presented that shows the Nasdaq Stock Index for the year 2011.