Joint Economic Panel Sees Toll Roads As Way to Relive Traffic Congestion
- GOP/Treasury love affair. // International Economy;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p8
Provides information on the Congressional Joint Economic Committee (JEC). Relationship between the JEC and United States Treasury officials; Details on JEC's Republican leadership testimony before the committee.
- Should the Federal Government Expand Programs Designed to Reduce Poverty in the United States? Rector, Robert // Congressional Digest;Sep2009, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p203
Excerpts are presented from the September 25, 2008 testimony of Robert Rector to Joint Economic Committee of the U.S. Congress on poverty.
- Joint Economic Committee. // Hill;1/23/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p18
The article features two U.S. Joint Economic Committee (JEC) officials such as JEC chairman Kevin Brady and JEC vice chairman Senator Bob Casey Jr.
- THE STORY OF THE VETOED DOUGLAS BILL. // Congressional Digest;Feb59, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p39
The article focuses on the Douglas Bill, which was introduced to establish an effective program to alleviate conditions of substantial and persistent unemployment and underemployment in certain economically depressed areas in the U.S. In 1956, the Joint Economic Committee reiterated a federal...
- LOAN POLICY SURVEY STIRS DISAGREEMENT. McConnell, Richard M.M. // Banking;Dec74, Vol. 66 Issue 18, p12
Reports the reaction of bankers toward a poll distributed by the Joint Economic Committee of the U.S. Congress about bank lending practices in 1974. Purpose of the poll questionnaires.
- High Tech Goes to DC. Weissman, Robert // Multinational Monitor;Jun99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the `High Tech Summit' organized by the United States Congressional Joint Economic Committee. Information on the computer date conversion problem (Y2K) immunity bill; What prompted the companies to address Y2K; Total political contributions of the computer industry; Details on the...
- Glimpses of the Joint Economic Hearings. // Banking;Apr69, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p48
Presents excerpts of the hearings held by the Joint Economic Committee in the U.S. Congress in February 1969 to examine the economic policy of the Nixon administration. Membership and functions of the quarried economic consultation committee; Tax loopholes which benefit commercial banks;...
- Senate Dents: GOP Would Cut $4.5 Trillion. Depaul, Jennifer // Business Journal (Central New York);6/8/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p5
The article discusses the release of a report from Senate Democrats on the Joint Economic Committee which revealed that the House Republican tax-reform plan would lessen federal tax collections by 4.5 trillion dollars in the U.S. in 2012.
- Measuring Misery. // Time;12/22/1975, Vol. 106 Issue 25, p16
The article presents the misery index which is a tool of the Joint Economic Committee in the U.S. It notes that the index is reached by adding the inflation rate to the unemployment rate and when the index increases, the result can be distressing. According to M. Harvey Brenner, an associate...