D.C. Water and Sewer Authority Wins Moody's, S&P Upgrades
- DC WATER UNVEILS HYDROLYSIS, AD FACILITY. // BioCycle;Oct2015, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p19
The article reports that the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC Water) launches its hydrolysis-anaerobic digestion project in October, 2015 that is producing electricity and states that new facilities has thermal hydrolysis process that use high heat to kill pathogens in biosolids.
- DC Water to Sell Refunding Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34197, p1
The District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority, which garnered attention this summer for its historic century bond issuance, will return to the market with about $350 million of public utility subordinate lien revenue refunding bonds that are likely to price Tuesday.
- Think Your Ratepayers Don't Understand Finance? Think Again! LAFRANCE, DAVID // Journal: American Water Works Association;Oct2014, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the implementation of the DC Clean Rivers Project by independent public utility District of Columbia Water & Sewer Authority (DC Water) in 2014. Mentioned is the establishment of the water infrastructure in the city of Denver in Colorado. Discussed is the construction of...
- DC Water's first TBM completes 4.5-mile tunnel for cleaner Anacostia River. // Mining Engineering;Sep2015, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the completion of 4.5 mile tunnel by District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC Water) in order to help improve water quality in the Anacostia River. Topics discussed include views of DC Water chief executive officer George S. Hawkins, construction of underground...
- A CURE FOR WHAT AILS. Force, Jim // Municipal Sewer & Water;Aug2014, p12
The article offers the insights of Muminu Badmus, acting manager of sewer construction and repair of District of Columbia Water & Sewer Authority in Washington, D.C., regarding the water utility in the region. Topics discussed include the use of utility's crews to replace cured-in-place pipe...
- D.C. Water to Issue $100M More Green Bonds To Help Fund Project. Fallor, Evan // Bond Buyer;1/25/2017, Vol. 1 Issue 34649, p1
The District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority has planned a $300 million bond issuance for next month, $100 million of which will be green bonds used to finance a 25-year sewage cleanup project for D.C.
- NEW Sline. // Underground Construction;Jul2014, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p7
This section offers news briefs related to underground construction in the U.S. as of July 2014 including the Clean Rivers and Blue Plains Tunnel projects of the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC Water), the expansion of carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction operations Kinder Morgan...
- The BOLD and the Beautiful. GALE, SARAH FISTER // WaterWorld;Aug2015, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p10
The article discusses green infrastructure plan of the water utility District of Columbia Water & Sewer Authority in Washington, D.C. It states that the project will install series of green infrastructures that will target sewer separation to manage volume of runoff produced by rain falls. It...
- The Bond Buyer Announces Finalists for 13th Annual Deal of the Year Awards. // Bondbuyer.com;11/ 7/2014, p17
The article announces the finalists for the 13th Annual Deal of the Year Awards that will be held on December 4, 2014 in New York City. The outstanding municipal bond transactions selected by the editors of the "Bond Buyer" newspaper include the 350 million U.S. dollars century-bond offering...
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.