Arizona Taxpayers Find Revenues Not Going Directly to Jail
- Bernalillo County, N.M., Leasing Old Jail in Order to Back New Jail Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p29
Reports on the plans of Bernalillo County, New Mexico to lease its jail in Albuquerque, New Mexico to a private operator and use the rent to back revenue bonds for a psychiatric unit. Estimated cost of the psychiatric unit; Criticism of the county's plans; Credit ratings of the county.
- SHERIFF TAKES A STAND Thanks to an expanded jail, the worst of the worst stay behind bars. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/2/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p40
Comments on the expansion of the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Problem of overcrowding that the jail experienced prior to the expansion; Agreement among local municipalities to put video poker revenues into a pool that would be used to pay for an expanded...
- Expanded jail sharply reduces inmate releases caused by overcrowding. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/2/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p40
Reports on how the expansion of the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, resulted in the reduction of inmate releases. Number of inmates that the Sheriff's Office had to release each month because of overcrowding; Total number of beds at the jail after the...
- Jail overcrowding a modern `Catch-22'. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p49
Focuses on the modern day `Catch-22' dilemma being experienced by the Jefferson Parish Jail in Louisiana in lieu of the overcrowding problem of the facility. Voters' rejection of the jail facility expansion; Development of point system; Release of least violent offenders.
- Private firm may lock up jail project. Beaven, Stephen; Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/28/95, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p1
Reports on Marion County, Indiana officials' examination of construction bids for the proposed expansion of the Marion County Jail. Deadline for submission of proposals; Planned outsourcing of the jail's operation to public companies; Ownership and maintenance of the existing jail.
- Officials lock up flock of jail bids. Beaven, Stephen // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/9/95, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p1
No abstract available.
- Open spaces make jail easy fit. Beaven, Stephen // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/23/96, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p21
Reports on the plan of Marion County, Indiana to transform the 82-year old Service Supply Co. building into the new Marion County Jail facility. Advantages of the building as a prison facility; Renovation cost.
- Cut 'em Loose. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p35
Reports that after the million dollar bond proposal was defeated by voters, officials at the Denver county Jail, Colorado were forced to release inmates to deal with overcrowding at the facility. Amount of the proposal; Number of inmates released by the jail; Capacity of the jail.
- A pretty posh pokey. Sigelman, Sara // Insight on the News;09/02/96, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p4
Focuses on Chelan Jail in Wenatchee, Washington. Alternative jail for the convenience of criminals who want to serve their time closer to home; Rewarding of good behavior.