- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p2
Presents several news events related to money market in the U.S. as of December 9, 2002. Resignation of treasury secretary Paul H. O'Neill and White House economic advisor Larry Lindsey in the week starting December 2, 2002; Increase in unemployment in the labor market during November 2002;...
- European consumer credit: point of sale finance makes up a third of market. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p120
The article comments on the status of the consumer finance market in Western Europe. Point of sale finance plays a major role within the consumer credit industry in Europe, accounting for an estimated 33.6% in 2004.
- Top 10 stories online this week. // Money Marketing;8/1/2013, p24
A list of the top online stories related to money marketing in July 2013 is presented, including advisers' comment on consumer credit and the retail distribution review (RDR) concerns of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- DON'T LET YOUR CREDIT CARDS IDLE. Mangla, Ismat Sarah // Money;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p186
The article discusses the ways in which credit card companies are attempting to increase fees ahead of the consumer protection laws which go into effect February 22, 2009. For consumers who have let their credit cards idle in order to control their personal debt, many larger banks have...
- MONEY, CREDIT, AND SECURITY MARKETS. // Economic Indicators;Sep2005, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p26
Presents graphs representing the performance of money, credit and security markets in the U.S. as of September 2005. Components of money stock; Aggregate reserves and monetary base; Consumer credit; Interest rates and bond yields.
- Will Auto Sector Bring Back Subprime? Lepro, Sara // Asset Securitization Report;Jun2011, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p21
The article focuses on the increasing rate of subprime automobile loans and the potential for that trend, defined as lending to those with credit scores below 620, to return to other consumer credit lines in the U.S. financial industry. It asserts that people blame subprime mortgage lending for...
- THE FUTURE OF THE LOAN SHARK AND CONSUMER CREDIT AGENCIES. HENDERSON, LEON // Law & Contemporary Problems;Winter1954, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p127
In this article the author talks about the future of the loan sharking and consumer credit agencies in the U.S. He talks about the efforts of the Russell Sage Foundation in recognizing the abuses suffered from loan sharks by wage earners and salary earners. The law provides for a system of...
- Credit guard. Paschalides, Philip // Lawyer;2/23/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p40
The article focuses on the credit performance of Cayman Islands. It notes that its vehicles in the market introduces a degree of liquidity and credit. It points out that its finance transactions allow cheaper mortgages, generate more consumer credit options and facilitate infrastructure project...
- Money, Credit, and Security Markets. // Economic Indicators;Apr99, p26
Presents information on the money, credit and security markets for the United States as of March 1999. Money stock and debt measures; Components of money stock; Bank credit at all commercial banks; Consumer credit.