Muni Yields Rise One Basis Point; $950M of L.A. DWP Bonds Priced
- L.A. DWP gears up for big deals with eye on competitive market. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30817, p1
Reports that the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power is poised to kick off a $1 billion debt restructuring plan designed to turn the agency into a major competitor in the deregulated electricity market. J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.'s pricing of $340 million of fixed-rate revenue bonds;...
- LADWP OKs Rate Hike for Renewables and $720M of Debt. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/22/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33285, p4
The article reports on the approval of the first part of a big rate hike by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power's Board Commissioners to fund the utility's renewable energy efforts and the sale of 720 million dollars of power revenue bonds.
- LADWP Completes Sale of Navajo Power Plant. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;6/23/2015, p26
The article reports on the sale of the share of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power in the Navajo Generating Station by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti.
- Negotiated Bond Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/10/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F339, p1
Several charts are presented depicting negotiated bond sales in the U.S. by Los Angeles, California Department of Water and Power; Florida Development Finance Corp. and Columbia, South Carolina (SC) as of October 10, 2014 with information on time of sale, financial advisor and insurer.
- Awaiting the Last Few Large Deals of the Week. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;3/6/2015, Vol. 1, p15
The article discusses the status of the primary market and secondary market in the U.S. as of March 6, 2015. Topics covered include the Bank of America Merril Lynch's pricing on a deal involving the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power in California, the pricing of California's general...
- California GOs Lead $8.94 Billion New Issue Slate. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/02/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Strong overall demand for municipals and opportunities for relatively attractive yields in the new-issue market should propel interest in next week's primary market sized at nearly $9 billion.
- Los Angeles set for pipe repairs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/22/97, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p19
Announces that proposed layoffs of workers in the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will not deter it from accelerating a $450 million program to replace 144 miles of aging large-diameter steel water lines. Comment from officials; What the targeted pipelines account for; Estimated cost...
- L.A. Water, Power Agency budget will allow paydown. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p4
Reports that the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (DWP) commissioners in Los Angeles, California approved a multi-billion dollar budget as of June 1999, clearing the way for its debt pay-down and capital investment plans. Effect of additional cash provisions in the budget on the...
- Lactation programs yield multiple benefits. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;1/31/94, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
Reports on Los Angeles Department of Water and Power's development of an onsite lactation program to reduce employee absenteeism and cut health care costs. Costs of the use of the breast pumps; Other benefits of the program.