Two Legg Mason Bankers in Houston Move to Dain Rauscher
- Agency to Sell $52M for Clark Atlanta University, Either This Week or Next. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31919, p5
Reports that the Atlanta Development Authority is preparing to issue revenue bonds for Clark Atlanta University in Georgia. Sale of the bonds through negotiation with Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. and RBC Dain Rauscher Inc.; Financial adviser and bond counsel of the deal; Possible factor that...
- RBC Dain Hires Apfel from Citigroup for Student Loan Team. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/26/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31665, p32
RBC Dain RauscherInc. on June 16, 2003 hired Harry Apfel, former co-head of the education loan finance team at Salomon Smith Barney Inc., as a managing director in the education loan finance group. The loan finance group has seven members, including Jeff Wagner, managing director and head of the...
- Legg Mason Taps Public Finance Expertise of Ex-Wachovia, First Union Staff. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/09/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31014, p9
Reports on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s hiring of 11 former Wachovia Securities Inc. employees. Legg Mason's opening of a Winston-Salem, North Carolina office; Staffer hired from First Union Securities Inc.
- Chapman Hired by Legg Mason. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p1
Reports on Baltimore, Maryland-based Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s hiring of Thomas Chapman and several members of his team from First Union Securities Inc. Legg Mason's plan to establish a municipal market presence in Chicago, Illinois; Career history of Chapman.
- Profiting From A Rich Relation. // On Wall Street;Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p40
The article features regional brokerage firm RBC Dain Rauscher. The company has partnered with an affiliate of its parent, the Royal Bank of Canada, to offer the product Premier Line of Credit. The company has gotten more selective and has employed fewer financial advisers, but average assets...
- Dain Adds Banc One Staff With an Eye on Ohio Market, Education. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p32
With the hiring of much of the staff from Banc One Capital Markets Inc.'s Columbus office, Minneapolis, Minnesota-based RBC Dain Rauscher Inc. hopes to both share a piece of the Ohio market and boost its national higher education practice. Dain's director of fixed-income banking, Chris Hamel,...
- RBC Dain Latest to Tap Ex-Commerce Talent. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;8/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31946, p6
Reports on the appointment of Brian Burke, a former Commerce Capital Markets Inc. banker as managing director of fixed-income banking at RBC Dain Rauscher Inc. Result of the decision of Commerce to exit the negotiated municipal bond underwriting business; Career background of Burke; Importance...
- Firms Continue Hiring Legg Mason Alumni. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p1
The article reports on the continuous hiring of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s alumni by several business enterprises in the United States. Broker-dealers are taking advantage of the closure of Legg Mason Wood Walker's municipal division, as McDonald Investments Inc. hired Legg's former municipal...
- Legg Mason adding to its bank offerings. Kapiloff, Howard; Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;9/25/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 184, p15
Reports on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s addition of a menu of portfolios it offers to bank trust departments. Offer of 12 portfolios of a fund family it manages called Navigator Class; Distributor of funds.