Regions Bank Taps Kirby for Southeast Expansion
- Regions Names CEO for Ark. Agency Unit. // American Banker;1/3/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p6
Reports that Regions Financial Corp. in Birmingham, Alabama has named Fred B. Stone to take office as chairman and chief executive officer of its Rebsaman Insurance agency in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- BancTrust of Ala. Hires Regions Team. Mullins, Luke // American Banker;5/22/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 97, p4
The article focuses on BancTrust Financial Group Inc. in Mobile, Alabama, which has hired a team of five commercial lenders away from the $81 billion-asset Regions Financial Corp. of Birmingham, Alabama. Both companies confirmed the hirings in May 2006. Terry H. Harbin, Regions' Mobile...
- In Ga., Mass Defection Lets Rival Ramp Up. Osuri, Laura Thompson // American Banker;5/9/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 88, p1
Reports on United Community Banks Inc.'s hiring of 50 employees who defected from Regions Bank. Accusations made by Regions on the tactics used to poach the employees; Departure of three top Regions executives to lead a branch planned by United in Hall County, Georgia; Comments from United's...
- Regions' heir apparent eyes international growth. Gillam, Carey // American Banker;2/5/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the strategies for instituting internal growth at Regions Financial Corp. under the leadership of incoming chief executive officer Carl E. Jones. Cooperation among the company's 66 banks; Companies acquired by Regions in 1996; Strengthening of major lines of business; Changes...
- 1st Alabama to become Regions Bank in Nov. // American Banker;7/23/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 139, p5
Reports that Regions Financial Corp. will change the name of its flagship bank from First Alabama Bank to Regions Bank, effective November 12, 1996.
- Correction. // American Banker;8/18/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 159, p20
A correction to an article that was published in the August 17, 2006 issue is presented.
- Correction. // American Banker;7/27/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 142, p12
A correction to the July 24, 2009 article "Hello...Houston?" regarding Regions Financial Corp. is presented.
- Regions Financial, in a twist, issues notes with put option. Goodwin, William // American Banker;9/20/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 181, p30
Reports on Regions Financial Corp.'s issuance of subordinated debt. Inclusion of a put option which allows the holder to redeem all or part of the notes; Use of the proceeds from the note offered to finance bank acquisition; Benefits of the put option.
- Correction. // American Banker;9/8/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 168, p12
A correction to the article "Regions Reassigns Chief Credit Exec" that was published in the September 2, 2009 issue is presented.