Louisiana's Centenary College Falls Below Coverage Ratios
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Selling $107 Million for 2 Campuses. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p3
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds with most of the proceeds to be used for capital improvements at the main campuses of the Bradenton, Florida-based Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Inc. in Daytona Beach and Prescott, Arizona. Operations and financial performance of the nonprofit...
- Tennessee Sells $133M for Higher Ed; Uses Web to Lure Buyers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/25/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33086, p4
The article reports on the hope of the Tennessee State School Bond Authority to price $133.1 million of refunding and new bonds for various colleges in Tennessee. Proceeds from the deal will offer $113.6 million of new money of taking out commercial paper and fund new projects at various...
- University of Connecticut Readies $140 Million UConn 2000 Offering. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32325, p4
The article discusses the decision of the University of Connecticut to sell about $140 million of new and refunding general obligation debt under the UConn 2000 initiative. The initiative carries a special debt service commitment from the state. There will be a two-day retail order period on the...
- OKLAHOMA: Colleges Seek Debt Relief. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32862, p9
The article reports that officials from 25 state-supported colleges and universities are seeking a special legislative appropriation of $2.8 million to meet debt service requirements on bonds issued by the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority. The bonds were issued in 2005 on behalf of the...
- Pepperdine University Plans to Sale $77M in Refunding Bonds. // Bond Buyer;7/16/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34344, p1
Pepperdine University received Double A ratings from two rating agencies ahead of plans to price a $77 million revenue bond refunding the week of July 20.
- Saint Mary's Affirmed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p31
Reports on the endorsement of the bond rating of Saint Mary's College of Moraga by Moody's Investors Service in California. Limitation of the future credit improvement; Issuance of bonds to finance a science facility; Inclusion of debt service in future projected budgets.
- Interest Savings. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports on the impact of structure of District of Columbia's sale of insured general obligation bonds on city government debt service over the life of bonds. Type of bonds sold by the district; Cost saving features of bonds.
- S&P Downgrades Housing Bonds to Junk. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the junk status of four outstanding bonds secured by Section 8-assisted multifamily property mortgages in the U.S. Par value of the bonds; Deterioration of the debt service coverage; Ways to improve the financial condition of multifamily.
- SOUTHEAST BOND-WATCH. Sigo, Shelly; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p30
Reports developments on industrial bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Ways of paying debt service on the nonrated bonds; Deterioration of the financial condition in bond documents; Construction of a convention center hotel.