THE OTHER REAL ESTATE BOOM
- American Financial Realty trust Plans $600 Million Public Offering. // National Mortgage News;3/10/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the initial public offering of real estate investment trust firm American Financial Realty Trust in Pennsylvania. Acquisition of corporate-owned real estate assets; Application for a registration statement at the Securities and Exchange Commission; Target date for the launch.
- Net Loss, But FFO Up 74%, at Banks' REIT. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;5/7/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 88, p17
American Financial Realty Trust reported a first-quarter loss on Thursday of $4.3 million, or 5 cents a share, compared with a profit of $2.9 million, or 7 cents a share, a year earlier. The Jenkintown, Pennsylvania real estate investment trust acquires properties occupied by banks. It also...
- REIT Sells 30% Stake in State St. Center. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;1/3/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p11
Reports that American Financial Realty Trust, a real estate investment trust, has sold a 30 percent stake in State Street Financial Corp.'s headquarters. Reference to the fact that IPC (U.S.) Inc., which is majority owned by IPC U.S. REIT of Toronto, paid about $61 million for the stake in the...
- Ranieri Sees Opportunity in Bank Realty. Hochstein, Marc // American Banker;10/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 189, p1
In American Financial Realty Trust's chairman Lewis S. Ranieri's observation, retail bankers and their commercial landlords have long failed to see eye to eye. The specialized nature of banking, Mr. Ranieri said, is "very hard for a traditional real estate landlord to understand." One of his...
- Drought Ends for REIT IPOs. McLinden, Steve // National Real Estate Investor;Oct2003, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the recovery of the initial public offering (IPO) for real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the U.S. Number of IPO for 2003; Worth of public REIT issued in common equity for 2003; Reason on the increase of investments.
- IPOs in the U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/23/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 25, p14
Presents statistics on initial public offerings of various companies involved in the investment-banking sector in the U.S. Number of shares filed by Maguire Properties; Range of filing of American Financial Realty Trust; Business location of Axis Capital Holdings Ltd.
- A Bank Landlord Selling Itself to A Fellow REIT. Berry, Kate // American Banker;11/6/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 214, p9
This article reports that American Financial Realty Trust, which specializes in properties occupied by banks, has agreed to sell itself for $3.4 billion to a New York real estate investment trust, Gramercy Capital Corp. Gramercy's chief executive, Marc Holliday, said it would become an active...
- Hong Kong: Spotlight On Property Market. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p9
Focuses on the real property market of Hong Kong, China. Rate of increase in property prices; Effect of the government land auction to be held on September 27, 2005; Impact of the initial public offering of LINK REIT, a real estate investment trust, on the property market.
- Invista looks for â‚¬700m from flotation of flagship fund. // EuroProperty;2006, p25
The article reports on the listed Great Britain fund manager, Invista Inc., which plans to raise 245.5m euros with the flotation of its flagship continental European fund. The initial public offering would give Invista European Real Estate Trust SICAF 700m euros of spending power. Invista has...