Slimmer Pickings For Smaller Banks
- Bank hiring zooms ahead of new licences. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;1/19/2014, p7
The article reports on the condition of the banking industry in India which has been witnessing a hectic recruitment activity ahead of new business licenses issuance.
- Recruiting for Bigger Bank Profits. Trotter, S.E. // Banking;Oct65, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p45
Focuses on the needs of banks to recruit staff with college degree. Reasons for the reluctance of banks to offer competitive salary; Risks involve in investing in people; Advantages of hiring college graduates.
- Your New Bank One Balance Is $813.15 . . . And How Would You Like to Work for Us? MOYER, LIZ // American Banker;2/24/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 37, p3
Reports that Chicago, Illinois-based Bank One Corp. has been printing toll-free fax numbers on its ATM slips to encourage customers and noncustomers to send in their resumes. Total number of resumes received for the first two weeks of February 2000; Cost-cutting at Bank One's credit card and...
- Customer Service Strategies for a Changing World. BRITTAIN, BRUCE // American Banker;3/31/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 63, p9
Offers suggestions to banks on how to improve their customer service in the face of rapid changes in the industry. Internal and external factors' undermining banks' efforts to improve customer service; Need for employers to offer higher salaries and more attractive benefits; Need for diligent...
- Commercial Banks Shun Campus Salary Race. HABAL, HALA // American Banker;4/20/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 74, p7
Reports on the trends in bank employee recruitment in the United States as of April 20, 1999. Includes strategies in finding potential bank executives; Comments from bank recruiters; Requirements of various banks.
- Banks in Hiring Binge to Feed Appetite for On-Line Services. WEIL, DAN // American Banker;8/10/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 152, p6
Focuses on the increased recruitment of bank employees in the United States to sustain the growth of banks' online commerce and financial services. Categories of employment created by the trend; Online hiring campaigns launched by major banks.
- Grand Haven Bank Left Looking For Leaders. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/25/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p3
Reports on the search of Grand Haven Bank in Grand Haven, Michigan for a president and a commercial lending team. Competition faced by the bank; Total assets of the bank; Effect of the competition in the banking sector on the economy of Michigan.
- Bankers Discuss--Summer Employment. Rider, John W. // Banking;Jun67, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p45
Discusses the results of a survey of bank personnel officers in the U.S. on their summer hiring policies. Recruitment of college students; Reason of banks for not hiring in the summer; Source of applicants; Use of manuals and training aids; Discussion on pre-training techniques.
- NOT ALL BAD. Bruno, Mark // U.S. Banker;Jan2002, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on the timeliness for banks in the United States to hire new employees in periods of recessions. Need for new employees prompted by banks' completion of business-free alignment; Case examples.