DEBT'S HEARTY YEAR-TO-DATE
- INVESTMENT VIEW. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;11/6/2003, p30
Comments on developments related to the stock markets in Great Britain and the U.S. Rise in level of personal indebtedness; Rise in inflation levels in Great Britain; Impact of interest rates on the stock markets; Market reactions to proposed merger between Gerrard and Barclays.
- A rush to the window. // High Plains Journal;11/14/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 46, p2-C
The article offers information on the increasing number of corporate debts issued by banks and related factors including low interest rates, stock market volatility and prospective mergers and acquisitions.
- Knowing When Not To Hold 'Em. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;4/27/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p2
The author reflects on the U.S. government's bank bailout effort for the Trouble Asset Relief Program (TARP) to give money out in exchange for equity markets. He emphasizes that a bank deciding to have an early exit from TARP can be prohibited from raising its credit card or mortgage interest...
- Volatility Is the Key. Kahan, Stuart // Accounting Technology;Jan2009 CPA Wealth Provider, p14
The article focuses on the advices of mortgage broker David Steinberg for people looking to obtain mortgage financing. When it comes to the mortgage market, he says that all fits under liability management. He emphasizes that when to refinance depends on what may be the best for the individual...
- Keeping clients pointing 'true north'. // Finweek;9/28/2006, Special section p12
The article focuses on the effects of volatility in world stock markets inflows to many health management firms such as Citadel in South Africa. Citadel, the private client wealth management firm, has experienced a strong increase in inflows since market volatility returned in the country for it...
- An Investigation of the Day-of-the-Week Effect on Stock Returns in Turkey. Demirer, Riza; Karan, M. Baha // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Nov2002, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p47
This paper examines evidence for the possible existence of the "daily effect" in the Istanbul Stock Exchange (ISE). In addition to ISE daily closing index returns, excess index returns over the risk-free rate -- overnight interest rates in this case -- and inflation are analyzed since the...
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq Skyrocket. Weitzman, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/6/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 106, p2
Reports on the performance of stock markets in the U.S. as of December 6, 2000. Plan to lower the interest rate rates; Effect of the presidential election and poor corporate financial performance.
- Current bull run is another illusion on road to recovery. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p43
Comments on the condition of the stock market in Indiana. Impact of the cuts in interest rates on the market; Role of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board in the alleviation of the condition of the market; Decline of Standard & Poor's 500 index.
- Market Report. // Traffic World;4/5/99, Vol. 258 Issue 1, p41
Reports on the global developments in markets as of April 1999. Impact of tensions in Yugoslavia on interest rates; Decrease in the US economy due to dependence on global markets; Increase in the Traffic World Stock Index.