STREET CUTBACKS: PRUDENCE OR OVERKILL?
- the editors' blog. // Personnel Today;5/20/2008, p18
The article presents information on how companies are resorting to job cuts. It is stated that the about 300 employees in Great Britain are their losing their jobs every week. In recent times, Citigroup Inc. has shed 1,500, while UBS AG has shed 800. Merrill Lynch also cut 600 jobs in recent times.
- Smith Barney Lays Off Technical Analysts. // American Banker;2/18/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 34, p20
Reports that Citigroup Inc.'s Smith Barney has fired its technical analysts, including Louise Yamada, Wall Street's top-ranked stock chart strategist, to focus on company research.
- UBS to Cut 10,000 Jobs Worldwide; Impact Hits India. // India -- West;11/23/2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, pB6
The article informs that the global financial services company UBS is going to cut 10,000 jobs.
- DOES WALL STREET 'GET IT?'. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/19/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 20, p4
Presents information on business enterprises in the U.S. as of May 2003. Implementation of provisions of global research settlement by Merrill Lynch &Co. Inc.; Extent of involvement of UBS Warburg LLC's healthcare investment bankers in HealthSouth's management and business decisions; Reason why...
- RBC Lifts I-Bank In U.S. Recruiting. // American Banker;8/21/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 162, p2
The article reports that the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) recruited 100 senior bankers from banks in the U.S. that were struggling during 2007 and 2008 in order to gain market share in the U.S. The RBC hopes this strategy will strengthen its investment banking business and has hand picked...
- Parmalat Rejects Bank Claims. Dow Jones // American Banker;8/11/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 154, p18
Offers a look at the lawsuits brought by Italian food company Parmalat Finanziara SpA against Citigroup Incorporated, Bank of America Corporation, UBS AG and other global creditors as of August 2004. Report that Parmalat administrator Enrico Bondi is probing its relations with investment banks...
- UBS Adds Two to HY Research. Phadungchai, Naruth // High Yield Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p2
Reports the employment of high technology investment bankers for the high yield research group of UBS Warburg. Efforts of UBS in achieving a global status; Importance of the research analyst groups to UBS; Job responsibilities of the analysts.
- Wall St.'s guaranteed profit-buster. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;01/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
Reports on UBS Warburg's recruitment of banker Kenneth Moelis. Yearly salary of Moelis; Efforts of Wall Street to keep investment bankers.
- Wall Street Pay Down Big for 2001. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Reports that the salary package of investment bankers at the U.S.-based finance companies Goldman Sachs & Co. and Morgan Stanley & Co. has been drastically reduced. Percentage of overall decline in Wall Street bonuses; Expected reductions in pay packages of the employees; Plans of other...