Even in a bad economy, Hypertherm just says no to pink slips
- Hypertherm Expands Support of Tomorrow's Welders with Free Plasma Cutting Curriculum. // Welding Journal;Aug2015, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p19
The article reports that Hypertherm, a manufacturer of plasma, laser, and waterjet cutting systems, expand through its Plasma Cutting Technology: Theory and Practice and equipment of Lincoln Electric Co. was used during the filming of ABC's BattleBots series.
- Lincoln Electric. // Workforce (10928332);Jan2002, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p39
Features the personnel management strategies adopted by Lincoln Electric. Benefits provided by the company to its employees; Details on the guaranteed lifetime employment plan of the company.
- A Plan for Keeping Employees Motivated. // Workforce;Aug2001, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p66
Answers questions on personnel management. How to keep employees motivated; Structure of human resources; Disadvantages of group termination.
- The Receptionist Who Won't Play Along. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan; Hatch, D. Diane; Hall, James E. // Workforce;Feb2002, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p72
Answers several questions on personnel management. How to conduct the actual job-elimination meeting; Necessity of providing adequate notice of terminating employees under an employee-at-will agreement. INSETS: Can't Fire on Basis of FMLA Leave;Fraud Suit Not Barred by Labor Law.
- Clearing the Deadwood. Connolly, Paul M. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1986, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on how managers should terminate an employee. Employee performance documentation; Termination meeting plan; Expression of gratitude to terminated employees; Emotional aspects that complicate termination decisions.
- Incompetence not the Primary Reason Heads Roll. Moats, Marilyn // Training & Development Journal;Jul86, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p8
No abstract available.
- Fair treatment reduces bad feelings. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;02/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on proper employee dismissal in the United States. Effects of proper personnel management on employees; Impact of humiliation on terminated workers; Details on fair retrenchment processes.
- Ending the unproductive employment relationship. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p4
Presents recommendations on techniques to use when firing an employee. Adverse consequences of rash actions; Legal liability that can be created by firing in haste; Importance of retaining the flexibility to replace problem employees; Factors that can complicate the firing process; Termination...
- A plan for success. Lewis, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p17
Provides tips and information in tackling demoralized employees in the U.S. Knowledge and understanding on how to handle the responsibilities of terminated employees; Importance of clear internal communication; Aversion of rumors and cutting speculations of midstream.