Consumer-driven health plans drive significant skepticism
- Confined distribution. Page, Leigh // Modern Physician;Aug2003, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p28
Presents updates on consumer-driven healthcare in the U.S. as of August 2003. Membership in consumer-driven health plans; Potential impact on the operations of medical practices; Information on the health plan offered by Definity Health Corp.
- UnitedHealth To Acquire Definity For $300 Million. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/6/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 46, p7
The article reports that Unitedhelath Group Inc. has agreed to pay $300 million in cash for Definity Health Corp., a pioneer in the market for health plans that incorporate personal health accounts. Unitedhealth's Uniprise unit expects to be managing account-based plans with 850,000 members...
- Editorial. McNaught, Allan // Caribbean Health;Jan2000, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p2
The author reflects on the healthcare development as a major challenge for healthcare professionals and politicians in Caribbean Area. He said that the country's Ministries of Health have failed to come up with a health planning and regulatory framework and ideology. He added that the pattern of...
- Cost shifting alone won't halt rising expenses, execs say. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;2/17/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p4
Presents opinion of two executives on how cost-shifting is not a permanent solution to rising health care costs in the U.S. Need for a change in the health care provisions; Features of the consumer-driven health plan provided by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based company, Definity Health Corp.;...
- Consumer-Driven Health Plans: Design Features to Promote Quality Improvement. Meyer, Jack // Benefits Quarterly;2004 Second Quarter, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p23
This article outlines a number of the design features that could be built into consumer-driven health plans (CDHP) to foster cost-conscious use of health resources by consumers while at the same time improving quality of care and health outcomes. The theory behind CDHP is that by giving...
- Health care trends--where are they going? Schlichte, John // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/20/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p12
Comments on the continued increase in healthcare trends in the U.S. as of October 2003. Reasons for the increases; Information on how employers deal with the continued increase in healthcare cost; Details of the consumer-driven health plans.
- Heads Up From NEA Members Benefits. // NEA Today;May2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p62
Provides information on the National Education Association MemberCareÂ® In-Hospital Plan. Examples of hidden costs.
- Healthcare costs show signs of moderating. Walker, Tracey // Managed Healthcare Executive;Nov2004, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the increase in health care costs and deceleration of costs trends in the U.S. Percentage rate of projection on the average increase in employment; Innovative approach of employers to manage costs; Need for health programs to require partnership with health plans to provide the...
- Health Plan Listings. // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p23
Presents the listing of heath plans in the U.S. featured in the 2003 Health Plan Almanac of 'EBN.' Result of the increase in medical services and drugs; Basis of the enrollment figures for health plans; Categories of enrollment rankings.