The CFO Connection
- Finance Officers Partnering With HR Professionals. Bates, Steve // HR Magazine;May2003, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p10
Discusses a report on how chief financial officers (CFO) view human resources (HR) executives. Percentage of CFO who view HR executives as a strategic plus; Role of CFO in managing capital investments.
- Johnson Becomes CFO And Exec VP at Big Lots. // MMR;3/31/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p26
The article announces that Timothy Johnson has been promoted to executive vice president and chief financial officer at retailer Big Lots Inc.
- The CFO OutTakes. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/26/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p23
Reports on the career development of various chief financial officers (CFO) in the U.S. as of April 26, 2004. Resignation of Michele Burns from Delta Air Lines Inc. to join Atlanta, Georgia-based energy company Mirant Corp.; Appointment of Amanda Bokman to the position executive vice president...
- factors affecting CFO compensation. Langer, Steven // Strategic Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p38
The article discusses the various factors that affect the compensation levels of corporate financial officers (CFOs). The author explains that the correlation between a CFO and how much money he or she makes is dependent on the number of employees they supervise. A CFO who is in charge of a...
- Executive Briefing Strategic Intelligence. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on some issues faced by human resource professionals about recruiting executives. Results of the study `Realities of the Executive Job Search,' conducted by Drake Beam; Percentage of corporations that hired executives from outside the company; Compensation for chief financial executives.
- Seven Steps to Business Advocacy. Gunn, Bob // Strategic Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p12
The article presents examples and information on how chief financial officers (CFOs) can more effectively lead employees who work under their supervision and even those within the company who do not work directly under them. The article presents a number of suggests that will help CFOs find...
- Nicotera to join Big Lots. // Furniture/Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the appointment of Mike Nicotera as vice president and divisional merchandise manager for furniture, bedding and rugs of Big Lots Inc.
- Weary moves to Big Lots. // Home Textiles Today;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p15
Reports on the appointment of Crystal Weary as vice president of home decor at Big Lots Inc. in Columbus, Ohio.
- Big Lots Tabs Wurl Chief Merchant. // MMR;4/18/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p30
The article announces that Doug Wurl has been named executive vice president of merchandising at Big Lots Inc.