dead man's curve
- Taking the Measure of HR. Rubis, Leon // HR Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p14
Presents information on ways used by human resource (HR) professionals to evaluate their workforce. Characteristic of HR benchmarking measures; Information on plus/minus statistics.
- 'Rank and yank' benefits work force. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Apr2005, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p23
The article reveals that a study found that forced distribution ratings systems, where a predetermined percentage of low-performing employees are fired every year, can be an effective way to improve a company's work force, although these benefits diminish over time. Steve Scullen, Ph.D., one of...
- HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT EVALUATION: PRACTICAL ASPECT. Kumpikaitė, Vilmantė // Economics & Management;2007, p592
Human resource management (HRM) is the recognition of the importance of an organization's workforce as vital human resources contributing to the goals of the organization, and the utilization of several functions and activities to ensure that they are used effectively and fairly for the benefit...
- The goal setting and goal orientation labyrinth: Effective ways for increasing employee performance. Latham, Gary; Seijts, Gerard; Slocum, John // Organizational Dynamics;Oct2016, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p271
No abstract available.
- DOES YOUR MANAGEMENT STYLE HELP OR HINDER EMPLOYEES? Feuer, Michael // Smart Business Los Angeles;Mar2012, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p30
The author discusses the management styles that either obstruct or motivate the labor force. Topics covered include the disadvantage of undertaking many responsibilities due to the refusal to delegate tasks, evaluation of the skills of junior personnel that are suitable in a project and...
- A Developmental Approach to Performance Appraisal. Harper, Stephen C. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct83, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p68
Both managers and subordinates are wary of "appraisals," but make them "performance review and development" sessions and everyone can benefit from this more positive approach to developing employee potential and fulfilling company goals. "The still untapped source of human vitality, the unmined...
- How to Know If Your Employees Are Management Material. Mccafferty, Dennis // CIO Insight;5/15/2012, p1
The article discusses how to determine if an employee has the makings of a good manager citing that mentoring the next generation of management and helping a team member advance professional as part of being a leader.
- PERSONAL BEHAVIOR IN THE PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL INTERVIEW. Smith, John P. // Advanced Management Journal;Winter68, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p56
Presents suggestions for understanding and changing the behavior of employees during a performance appraisal interview. Role of managers in personnel management; Reason for conducting a performance appraisal interview; Impact of personality on the relationship between employees and managers;...
- Credit At Work. // Business Credit;Sep2006, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p64
The article discusses the right way to criticize an employee during performance appraisals. A manager should cite specific examples to support his assessments. He should give his employees time to respond to criticism. He should be willing to change procedures or do whatever is necessary to...