- AIDS Litigation Notes. Leonard, Arthur S. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Nov2003, p195
Presents several cases involving homosexuals in the U.S. as of November 2003. Nominal damages from employer from failure to notify rights to apply continued benefits coverage; Battle over sovereign immunity and civil rights law; Appeal of a decision by Kaiser Permanente health plans' refusal to...
- For the Record. // Business Insurance;11/11/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 45, p23
Presents news briefs related to business insurance in the U.S. and Great Britain. Allegations against subsidiaries of an insurance firm UnumProvident of denying longterm disability claims; Judgment of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals regarding the authority of district court judges to...
- Cash Balance Plans Do Not Violate Age-Based Reduction Rules. // Legal-Legislative Reporter;Oct2008, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p5
The article discusses the case Hirt et al. v. the Equitable Retirement Plan for Employees, Manager and Agents et al., and Bryerton et al. v. Verizon Communications Inc. et al., wherein the U.S. Court of Appeals for the second Circuit found that cash balance plans do not inherently result in an...
- Car allowances: can they be withdrawn? // Accountancy;Aug1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1104, p34
This article examines a decision of the British Court of Appeal in Keir and Another v. Hereford & Worcester County Council which held that a state council could not literally withdraw essential car user allowances from employees whose terms and conditions of employment entitled them to such...
- GOING SICK ON HOLIDAY. // Accountancy;Aug2012, Vol. 149 Issue 1428, p81
The article discusses annual employee leave and sick time, the European Working Time Directive, and the European Court of Justice case AsociaciÃ³n Nacional de Grandes Empresas de DistribuciÃ³n (ANGED) v. FederaciÃ³n de Asociaciones Sindicales and ors which as of August 2012.
- The Gift of Time. Sherbrooke, Katherine // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
Details the workplace benefits provided by employers to retain their top employees. Work flexibility; Personal concierge services; Relocation assistance.
- How can I cut benefits, not engagement? // People Management;9/10/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p36
The article presents answers to the question on how a benefits and rewards manager can cut back on the benefits enjoyed by the employees without destroying employer brand staff engagement levels including the relationship with benefits providers.
- Compensation & Recruitment. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 22 Issue 129, p27
Reports on the increase in benefits for employees of United States-based corporations. Allocation of shares outstanding for management and employee incentives; Impact of changes in markets and overall economy on compensation of chief executive officers; Movement away from granting of stock options.
- Worldwide Business Trends Create New Leverage for Voluntary Benefits. Romeu, Julian // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p24
Discusses the leverage for voluntary benefits provided by companies to employees in the United States. Trends creating the need for voluntary benefits; Practices in offering voluntary benefits; Advantages of voluntary benefits to employers.