When workplace giving gives way to scandal
- Mismanagement and What to Do About It. McFarland, Dalton E. // Nonprofit World;Mar/Apr86, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p26
Examines strategies of managing and avoiding mismanagement in nonprofit organizations in the U.S. Effect of mismanagement on the organization; Nature and causes of mismanagement; Strategies and techniques in preventing and avoiding mismanagement.
- norman lear's not LAUGHING. Hammonds, Keith H. // Fast Company;Jan2001, Issue 42, p48
This article finds out what went wrong for Business Enterprise Trust, a nonprofit group founded in 1989 by TV producer Norman Lear to laud companies for integrating social vision into their business plans. The Trust honored companies as diverse as Inland Steel, where a grassroots employee team...
- Regulator: poor charity leadership led to crisis. Cook, Ben // Regeneration & Renewal;7/20/2009, p2
The article reports on the entrapment of Novas Scarman Group (NSG) in serious financial crisis due to the mismanagement of its senior executives on financial affairs in Great Britain. The Tenant Services Authority (TSA) notes that there had been mismanagement in terms of a collective failure by...
- Nonprofit contributions rise. Souccar, Miriam Kreinin // Crain's New York Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1
Reports the increase of donations to nonprofit organizations following the terrorist attacks in New York. Fear of organizations on the impact of the economic slowdown; Effort of corporations to help victims; Sense of individual participation in fund-raising.
- Charity financial reports misleading. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 13 Issue 75, p27
No abstract available.
- AIDS organization gets new home. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;08/02/99, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the relocation of nonprofit organization, Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation (SAAF) in a building acquired through the city of Tucson Community Development Block Grant funds, private and corporate donations. Total amount collected by SAAF through its capital fund-raising campaign to...
- NY Philharmonic comes to UNLV, care of Citibank. // Las Vegas Business Press;12/21/98, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p9
Focuses on several developments concerning donations to various causes in Las Vegas, Nevada as of December 21, 1998. Includes Citibank's agreement to underwrite the New York Philharmonic's North American tour which will stop in Las Vegas in January 1999; Bank of America's holiday gifts to the...
- 'Time' expected to raise HIV/AIDS funding. // Las Vegas Business Press;06/14/99, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p15
Highlights news items related to charitable foundations and non-profit organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada as of June 14, 1999. Includes the number of performers in the annual benefit show of Golden Rainbow; Involvement of Target Stores employees in the installation of playgrounds at the Mobile...
- Jewish community supports development of new campus. // Las Vegas Business Press;02/07/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p22
Presents a compendium of news items concerning non-profit organizations and events in Las Vegas, Nevada. Includes the Jewish Community Campus' receipt of financial donation from Priscilla Schwartz made in the memory of her late husband, Walter; TRW Inc.'s donation to the University of Nevada's...