Veganism is not a protected religious creed in California
- Case round-up by Eversheds 020 7919 4500. Wilson, Penny // Personnel Today;6/8/2004, p16
The article presents information on two court cases of employment. In the Rihal vs. Ealing London Borough Council, case, Rihal was a senior surveyor with the council. During his employment, he witnessed many organisational changes but, in terms of his own career development, failed to achieve...
- WHO GETS WORKMEN'S COMPENSATION? // Labor Law Journal;Nov52, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p775
The article reports on the decisions of court concerning workmen's compensation in the U.S. as of November 1952. Recent court decisions reported in Workmen's Compensation Law Reports include the following: A truck driver left his truck and was drowned in an attempt to aid a man who had broken...
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;6/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p21
The article provides an update on the ruling issued by the Employment Appeals Tribunal (EAT) in Great Britain to several employment-related cases. In the Royal Liverpool Children's Hospital NHS Trust v. Dunsby case, the EAT ruled that absence totting-up systems did not have to disregard absence...
- Employment tribunal considers its verdict. Massie, Graeme // Nursing Standard;2/4/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the case of Maria Cook, former regional director of Royal College of Nursing (RCN), who claim that she was a victim of constructive dismissal and racial discrimination. John Humpston, trh RCN's acting director's rejection of Cook's claim that she was the victim of racial discrimination.
- Worker Wins ADEA Claim. Danaher, Maria Greco // HR Magazine;Oct2007, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p99
This article reports that the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld a jury verdict of more than $220,000 in favor of a 52-year-old employee who claimed that his termination was motivated by his age. The case is Kight v. Auto Zone Inc. Kight sued Auto Zone, alleging a violation of the Age...
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;12/24/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 25, p19
Summarizes court decisions on several employment cases in Great Britain. Boyle versus Equal Opportunities Commission; Foster versus Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service; Hill versus General Accident Fire and Life Assurance Corp.
- Age Discrimination: Involuntary Retirement Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Williams, Stuart A. // Labor Law Journal;Jul78, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p391
This article focuses on the involuntary retirement provisions of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) of 1967 of the U.S. The ADEA prohibits employment discrimination against individuals who are at least forty years of age but less than seventy years of age. To fall within the ADEA's...
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;5/14/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p23
Summarizes the developments in employment case law. Details on the sex discrimination claim in the Cast versus Croydon College case; Findings on the Wandsworth Borough Council versus D'Silva and Lawn case; Decision on the South West Trains Limited versus Wightman case.
- Qua v John Ford Morrison Solicitors, EAT. // Employers Law;May2003, p12
Presents information on the case Qua versus John Ford Morrison Solicitors in Great Britain. Decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) on the case; Advice of the EAT on emergency leave protection.