How we do things here
- the editors blog. Spalding, Dawn; MacLeod, David; Teale, Howard // Personnel Today;1/19/2010, p8
The article presents blogs related to personnel management including one on employee engagement, funding for training in small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and appointment of interim human resource (HR) chief in Great Britain.
- Rousing the Creative Spirit. Bookman, Robert // Training & Development Journal;Nov88, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p67
Focuses on the formulation of a training and development program that transform employee stagnation into energy through creativity. Reasons for professional stagnation; Need for organizations to have a steady supply of new ideas; Involvement of employees in designing a training program.
- Warning Letters: A Symptom? Kuwahara, Steven S. // BioPharm International;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p74
Addresses the problems revealed from the warning letters and consent decrees of companies in the U.S. Need for training services for personnel; Critique on the Taylor method used in managing employees; Demand for investment on training.
- Don't cool off while the data is hot! Leibler, Seth N.; Parkman, Ann W. // Corporate University Review;May/Jun99, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Presents excerpts from articles, surveys and research reports that may be helpful in building a case for the value of effective training in a company. `The 100 Best Companies To Work For' from `Fortune Magazine'; `The World's Most Admired Companies--What Makes a Company Great?'; `Good Morning,...
- How the forum works. Savage, Margaret; Tribe, Ralph // Personnel Today;7/1/2003, p20
This week 'Personnel Today' launches an initiative to help readers become more strategic in their day-to-day operations. Over the coming months, 'Personnel Today' will give a unique, developmental opportunity to improve strategic skills of employees using a wide range of HR scenarios submitted...
- Putting Their BEST Foot Forward. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Dec2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p52
Discusses the Building Essential Skills Through Training (BEST) program, launched under the partnership between the Regional Employment Board of Hampden County and the Employers Association of Western Massachusetts. Budget allocated for the program; Benefits of the program to the healthcare...
- Core Function. Biederman, David // Traffic World;1/1/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 1, p23
Stresses the need for continuous training of logistics personnel. State of the logistics sector; Cross-training programs; Developments in business logistics that require re-training of personnel.
- How to â€¦ manage the press. Beagrie, Scott; Weekes, Sue // Personnel Today;1/7/2003, p25
Answers questions on how to manage the press on issues related to human resource management. Requirement of professional media training for managing press; Basic guidelines to prepare yourself against media.
- Negotiate Your Way to Better Leadership. // Ivey Business Journal;Sep/Oct2015, p8
The author reflects on his article in the journal "Canadian HR Reporter" about negotiations as way to better leadership. Topics discussed include the benefits of negotiation training offer to human resource (HR) professionals, effective negotiation requires understanding of negotiation...