Difference is a strength
- Decade of human resources for health: 2006-2015. Mendes, Isabel Amélia Costa; Marziale, Maria Helena Palucci // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);ene/feb2006, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Deals with the declaration of the period from 2006 to 2015 as the Decade of Human Resources for Health. Human resource problems in the health sector; Purpose of the declaration made by the VII Regional Meeting of Observatories of Human Resources in Health held in Toronto, Ontario in 2005;...
- ANALYSIS OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA HEALTH SECTOR: KEEPING THE TEMPO FOR IMPROVED HEALTH SYSTEMS. Saka, M. J.; Babaita, Isiaka Sulu; Akande, T. M. // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Jun2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p1951
Human Resources for Health (HRH) is seen as the cornerstone of health care delivery system. This study then reviewed it in Nigeria, that is, the trend from independence, various cadres of the health workforce, production, and distribution at various levels of government. It also discusses the...
- Critical challenges for human resources in health: a regional view. Rigoli, Felix; Rocha, Cristianne Famer; Foster, Allison Annette // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);ene/feb2006, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p2
This text presents the context and background, the methodology and some of the main results of the regional consultation on the critical challenges for human resources in health in the Americas. The Consultation, carried out in June and July 2005, was part of the strategy of the Pan American...
- Have a rantâ€¦ HR bullies. // Personnel Today;11/21/2006, p15
The article comments on the abuse of the positions held by HR practitioners. Sometimes, HR managers abuse their position to bully the very people they are meant to be protecting. An instance is provided wherein a person, who had a major operation a year ago was harassed by HR at various...
- On the Web. // HR Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p28
Presents news related to human resources management in the U.S. as of July 2003. Performance of employers in managing electronic mail records and preparing for the likelihood of electronic mail discovery; Application of law on international assignments and to all employees working in the U.S....
- A 'Do It Yourself' Investment. Drotos, J. Chip // Behavioral Health Management;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p56
Discusses the importance of human capital in the success of a business. Development of human capital; Finding a balance between work and life; Changing work management technique.
- HR Update. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p29
Presents news briefs about human resources as March 2000. National Skill Standards Board report on the United States high-wage economy; Means to identify skills and technological aptitude of liberal arts students; Views of US workers about job security.
- A Long-Range Look at Workforce Management Issues. // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;5/20/2004, pN.PAG
Deals with the factors that will alter the strategies used in workforce management. Recruitment of older workers; Costs of health care; Ability of the human resources to add value at a strategic level.
- TÃ¼rkiye'de BeÅŸeri Sermaye HarcamalarÄ± ve Ä°nsani GeliÅŸmiÅŸlik. Çalışkan, Şadan // Is, Guc: The Journal of Industrial Relations & Human Resources;Jan2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p9
The purpose of this paper is to analyze two basic elements of human capital in Turkey: education and health expenditures. In addition, Turkey's status against three indexes (namely education, life expectancy, and income) which are accepted as the basic criteria for level of human development as...