Making the leap
- Dr. Evinlee is handed a monkey. // Physician Executive;Nov1995, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p31
Presents possible solutions to the dilemma presented in the August 1995 issue of the `Physician Executive,' involving a physician executive who was asked to take care of problems in an outpatient clinic caused by the boorish behavior of a senior internist. Suggestions from readers of `Physician...
- NEWS BAROMETER. // Personnel Today;9/16/2003, p3
Presents a question related to personnel management in Great Britain posted to readers of the magazine "Personnel Management" published in the September 16, 2003 issue. Details of answers received from readers to a question posted in the previous issue of the same magazine.
- THINKING ABOUT PEOPLE. Birchfield, Reg // New Zealand Management;Sep2001, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p7
Introduces several articles on personnel management featured in the September 2001 issue of `Management' magazine.
- Service style. Blanchard, Ken // Executive Excellence;Apr98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
Discusses information on management style. Brief account on a letter of a manager about his style; Vital variables to be considered when analyzing situation and before settling on a specific style; Factor associated with success in management.
- Wanted: Helpers not heroes. Dawson, Michael // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec99, Issue 17, p13
Explores changes in the role of managers. Factors attributed to the change in managers' role in the workplace; Evaluation of managers' performance and their teams; Job description of line managers; Adopting the role of developers.
- CEO TO CEO. // Association Management;Aug2000, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p161
Discusses the management strategies of several association executives. Steps to be taken to boost staff morale; Need of all organizations for energized employees; Competitive benefits to be offered to retain employees.
- Optimize productivity using power structure. Clark, Scott // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/25/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p35A
Offers advice to managers and executives on how to use their power to boost employee productivity. Ability of power to create corruption; Definition of power; Three different categories of power; Delegation of legitimate power to subordinates to increase productivity and morale.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR. Schweiger, David M. // Human Resource Planning;1992, Vol. 15 Issue 1, pi
In the article, the author provides information related to changes that have been made in this issue of the journal "Human Resource Planning." Mark Van Clieaf and Al Vicere are the guest editors for this issue on "Executive Resource Planning and Development as Strategic Management Tools."
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARIES. Gold, Martha; Taylor, Craig R.; Kaye, Beverly; Jordan-Evans, Sharon; Schwarz, Roger // T+D;Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p82
Presents executive summaries of articles related to personal management published in April 2003 issue of the journal ' T+ D.' Challenges faced by consulting company Braxton while trying to implement electronic learning programs for its employees; Importance of effective leadership in...