Houghton Mifflin is Close to Naming New CEO; Harcourt's Tony Lucki Said to Have Inside Track
- Houghton Mifflin Gets Lucki, Sales Gains. Milliot, Jim; Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p114
Reports the appointment of Tony Lucki as CEO of Houghton Mifflin. Career backgroound of Lucki; Information on the expenditures of Houghton Mifflin to keep and shed some of its employees as of August 2003; Details on the performance of the company in the first-half of 2003.
- Houghton Mifflin Sales on Track. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 47, p9
Discusses the financial results of book publisher Houghton Mifflin (HM) in the third quarter ended September 30, 2003. Revenue and net income for the quarter; Amount of sales in the quarter; Salary to be received by Tony Lucki who was appointed as CEO of HM.
- Houghton Mifflin and Riverdeep Expect Merger by Year's End. // Electronic Education Report;12/15/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p5
The article discusses the $5 billion merger plan of Houghton Mifflin, one of the largest publishing company, and Riverdeep, a leading educational software provider, by the end of 2006 in the U.S. The resulting entity will be known as Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep Group which combines two firms...
- Tony and Donna Lucki: Education Publishing's New Power Couple. // Educational Marketer;7/21/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p4
Reports that Tony and Donna Lucki are leaving Harcourt to assume top executive positions at Houghton Mifflin.
- Lack of Adoptions Drops Sales at HM. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 34, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter ended June 30, 2004. Reason for the decrease in the total sales posted by the firm, according to company president Tony Lucki; Rise in college division sales; Decline in net loss.
- CEO to Push Houghton Mifflin to Internet. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p5
Announces the appointment of Hans Gieskes as chief executive officer of U.S.-based educational publishing subsidiary Houghton Mifflin Co. Retirement of chairman, chief executive officer and president Nader Darehshori; Development of new businesses; Career history.
- Lucki Signs on with Houghton Mifflin in Three-Year Contract. // Educational Marketer;10/6/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the appointment of Anthony Lucki as president and chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts. Eligibility of Lucki for annual bonuses; Worth of starting bonus received by Lucki; Career history of Lucki.
- Gieskes Resigns from Houghton Mifflin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 27, p14
Reports on the resignation of Hans Gieskes, president and chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin as of July 7, 2003. Career background of Gieskes; Criticism on Gieskes' lack of background in educational publishing; Highlight of his career with Houghton Mifflin.
- 'Good Start' at HM. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/30/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 18, p17
Focuses on the increase in corporate profits of Houghton Mifflin (HM) in the early part of 2001. Contribution of its education division on the profit increase; Percentage increase of each book category; Retirement plans of Nader Darehshori, chief executive officer of HM.