INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: RETAIL
- THE WEEK IN STOCKS. // SN: Supermarket News;9/1/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 35, p49
Several charts depicting stock performances of companies related to the retail trade, including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., and Supervalu Inc., are presented.
- Target Tops, Wal-Mart Misses. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/26/2015, pB02
- Taking Stock. Clark, Evan; Young, Vicki M.; Ellis, Kristi // FN: Footwear News;1/12/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the impact of recession on the stocks of various U.S. retail giants. The luxury retail players showed some of the biggest declines, with shares of Saks Inc. falling 78.9 percent to $4.38 last year, as Nordstrom Inc. declined 62.6 percent to $13.31. A few were able to buck...
- THE WEEK IN STOCKS. // SN: Supermarket News;7/5/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p26
Two charts are presented that list stock prices of 24 North American food retailers as of July 1, 2010, including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Kroger Co., and Supervalu Inc.
- Is Wal-Mart a Bargain? Rosato, Donna // Money;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p66
This is an article that focuses on the stock performance for Wal-Mart. At $52 a share in late July, Wal-Mart was worth about 25 times its earnings over the past 12 months, the stock's lowest valuation in seven years. While higher-income households seem to be doing well--stocks of high-end...
- Wal-Mart leads market cap despite loss. Chamberlain, Janice // Kids Today;Jun2005, p48
Reports on the performance of market capitalization of retailers in North Carolina. Factor contributing to the decrease in market capitalization of Wal-Mart Inc.; Importance of stock price in market capitalization; Reason contributing to the change in both overall industry market capitalization...
- Retail Stocks Up Against Ceiling. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/9/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 119, p14
The article presents information on the stock performance of the retail trade in the U.S. The S&P Retail Index increased 0.6% or 1.91 points to 336.03 recently. Shares of Wal-Mart fell 0.5% to $50.81, Tiffany dipped 0.4% to $29.63; Kohl's increased 0.6% to $46.25, and J.C. Penney saw little...
- US: Q1 earnings drop pushes Wal-Mart shares down. Russell, Michelle // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);5/18/2014, p10
A reprint of the article "US: Q1 earnings drop pushes Wal-Mart shares down" by Michelle Russell, which appeared in the online resource's May 15, 2014 issue, is presented.
- Wal-Mart Works To Combat Bribery Scandal. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/25/2012, Vol. 203 Issue 86, p2
The article discusses the stock performance of retail chain Wal-Mart Stores Inc. It explains that the company's shares have fallen after the launch of an investigation exploring possible violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, involving allegations of bribery surrounding the firm's...