INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: RETAIL
- THE WEEK IN STOCKS. // SN: Supermarket News;9/1/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 35, p49
Several charts depicting stock performances of companies related to the retail trade, including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., and Supervalu Inc., are presented.
- Target Tops, Wal-Mart Misses. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/26/2015, pB02
- Is Wal-Mart a Bargain? Rosato, Donna // Money;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p66
This is an article that focuses on the stock performance for Wal-Mart. At $52 a share in late July, Wal-Mart was worth about 25 times its earnings over the past 12 months, the stock's lowest valuation in seven years. While higher-income households seem to be doing well--stocks of high-end...
- Pressure at the Pump: Retailers' Shares Slide On Increased Oil Woes. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/8/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 27, p1
The article discusses the impact of rising gasoline prices on the decline of shares of several major retailers in the U.S. in August 2006. In addition to cutting into tight budgets, gasoline prices, which are tied to oil prices, have great psychological importance for consumers constantly...
- Retailers weather hot summer, high oil prices. // Dow Theory Forecasts;8/15/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the improvement of the retailing stocks in the U.S. Assessment of the sales performance of Home Depot; Posting of same-store sales growth by 4.2 percent by Michael Stores Inc.; Escalation of the pharmacy earnings of Walgreen; Increase of the corporate profit of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.;...
- Retail Sector Slips; Wal-Mart Dives After Outlook Cut. SCOTT STODDARD // Investors Business Daily;10/15/2015, pB01
The article reports on the decline of stocks of the U.S. retail industry in September 2015, with Wal-Mart Stores fell to its lowest level since May 2012 after slashing earnings forecast.
- Planetary Shifts. Major, Meg // Progressive Grocer (India Edition);Mar2014, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p130
The article reports on the decline in sales, profit and stock price by the retailer Walmart in the U.S. in the fourth quarter in 2013. It presents views of Walmart's president and chief executive officer (CEO) Bill Simon regarding business transformation by the retailer to improve their...
- Taking Stock. Clark, Evan; Young, Vicki M.; Ellis, Kristi // FN: Footwear News;1/12/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the impact of recession on the stocks of various U.S. retail giants. The luxury retail players showed some of the biggest declines, with shares of Saks Inc. falling 78.9 percent to $4.38 last year, as Nordstrom Inc. declined 62.6 percent to $13.31. A few were able to buck...
- THE WEEK IN STOCKS. // SN: Supermarket News;7/5/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p26
Two charts are presented that list stock prices of 24 North American food retailers as of July 1, 2010, including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Kroger Co., and Supervalu Inc.