The SOFT SQUEEZE
- Merrill Lynch local operations await sale outcome. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;9/25/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p4
The article reports on the market implications of the move of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., the fourth largest investment bank in the U.S., to file for bankruptcy as well as the acquisition of Merrill Lynch & Co. by the Bank of America Corp. Accordingly, the report had stunned the investment...
- What Moves Mean for I-Banks' Thrifts and ILCs. Adler, Joe // American Banker;9/16/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 179, p3
The article discusses the financial performance of investment banks. Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., one of the largest investment banks in the U.S., filed for bankruptcy in September 2008. Lehman owns a thrift and an industrial loan company which could interest bidders. Merrill Lynch & Co. is...
- Bank Group To Launch HCA Mega Deal. G. S. // Bank Loan Report;10/30/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p2
The article discusses the bank groups' acquisition of HCA. HCA is located in Nashville, Tennessee whose affiliates own and operate hospitals and related health care entities. According to Moody's Investors Service, transaction of HCA acquisition of bank groups including Citigroup, Bank of...
- Retrenching tools. // Money Marketing;5/25/2006, p20
The article reports that a large proportion of the gains acquired by the three Adviser Fund Indices (AFI) in Great Britain in 2006 were disregarded after a correction in global equity markets. Aggressive AFI fell by 5.2%, the Balanced AFI by 3.6% and the Cautious AFI by 2.2%. The Aggressive AFI...
- Goldman, Merrill Retain Top Underwriting Spots Despite Banks' Challenge. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;7/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 128, p2
Focuses on intensified competition between traditional investment banking companies and commercial banks for equity offering deals' underwriting in the United States. Continued dominance of Goldman Sachs & Co. and Merrill Lynch & Co.; Increase in proceeds from equity-related underwriting.
- Carver of N.Y. Starts Venture with Merrill. // American Banker;3/19/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 53, p4
The article reports that Carver Bancorp Inc. Of New York has agreed to offer investment services through Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. In two of its branches. Carver, the U.S.'s largest African-American-owned banking company, says that Merrill Lynch advisors will work in booths at the two branches....
- Development. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30271, p12A
Reports on the continuance of the increase in the development bond issuance during the third quarter of 1997. Percentage increase in the municipal market issues from July to September 1996-1997; Amount of issues from the industrial development bonds; Brief discussion on the issues from the...
- Merrill Lynch Rises to Top of Equity Ranking. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;3/8/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p38
Reports that Merrill Lynch topped equity and equity-linked instruments rankings for 1999. Amount of stock and stock-convertible deals the firm worked on; Other top performers; Remarks from Stephen Schaible, managing director at J.P. Morgan.
- ACE Sets The Pace For Merrill, J.P. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;03/08/99, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p2
Provides information on the credit facility that Merrill Lynch and J.P. Morgan are arranging for ACE Ltd. Terms of the agreement; Composition of the facility; Pricing.