- Lehman aims to go it alone. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;07/31/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the stock performance of Wall Street investment bank Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the wake of mergers in the industry. Stock price movement in 2000; Financial performance; Hiring of additional analysts; Acquisition of a brokerage business from SG Cowen; Better performance of...
- Nomura Rolls Out U.S. Equities. Ramage, James // Traders Magazine;Jul2009, Vol. 22 Issue 297, p10
The article reports on the strategies used by Nomura Group to expand its presence in the U.S. in July 2009. Nomura strengthened its equities staff, services and products by consolidating with Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and Middle Eastern investment banking. The company is planning to leverage...
- Lehman Brothers Powers Higher. // DRIP Investor;Dec2005, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p7
The article presents suggestions about investing in the stocks of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. Lehman Brothers Holdings is a major investment bank. The company specializes in debt and equity underwriting, trading, advisory services, and merchant banking. Lehman Brothers has been one of the more...
- Credit crunch forces sale of Boston Scientific shares. // Medical Device Daily;10/13/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 217, p2
The article reports on the sales of shares of Boston Scientific triggered by the decline of Lehman Brothers Holdings, a major investment bank. Some of the shares of company founders Peter Nicholas and John Abele were used as collateral for loans. Thirteen million of those shares were sold...
- MARKETPLACE. // Tire Business;10/13/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p22
The article presents some humorous investment advices along with a note on an 89-year-old German lady who slashed several tires of cars parked along her street. An 89-year-old grandmother in a quiet neighborhood in Germany got fed up with all the cars continually parked along her street and...
- US bankers bury heads in sand. HILTON, ANTHONY // PRWeek (London);9/19/2008, p9
The author reflects on the role of public relations (PR) in investment banking. He states that while it was impossible for a financial institution such as Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. to fail, it would have been prevented should the company communicated with other sectors. He believes...
- Lehman Taps Random Walk For Institutional Trading Portal. Clary, Isabelle; Comtois, James; Kite, Shane; Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;8/26/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p13
Reports the introduction of the Lehman Live Links equities trading portal built on the Wolf platform by Lehman Brothers company in the U.S. Content of the Wolf toolkit; Use of the Wolf in the operations of the company.
- CIT-Lehman Near Miss Tips Firm's Thinking . Mandaro, Laura; Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;5/28/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 101, p1
Focuses on the business strategies of Lehman Brothers, a commercial bank in New York City. Expansion of credit offerings and loan products; Acquisition of CIT Group, a finance company from Tyco International; Agreements on the business deal.
- Lehman upgrades NBD, Boatmen's, and Comerica. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;10/12/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 197, p24
Reports on the increase in the investment ratings on three major banks made by analysts at Lehman Brothers. Reason behind the change; Details; Background accounts; Statistics; Related matters.