INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs
- National business news. // Caribbean Business;1/19/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p44
Reports on business developments. Includes decline in consumer spending; Forecasted acceleration of inflation rate; Plan of MasterCard concerning the use of debit cards on the Internet.
- MasterCard: a float on the cards. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Oct2005, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p12
This article reports on the recently announced plans of MasterCard International Inc. to become a publicly traded company. The flotation, which represents a complete overhaul of the company's structure, is expected to raise some much-needed cash for MasterCard following its involvement in...
- MasterCard putting Mondex's clout behind SET. Kutler, Jeffrey // American Banker;3/19/97, Vol. 162 Issue 53, p14
Focuses on MasterCard International Inc.'s use of its majority ownership of the Mondex electronic cash system to push for the acceptance of the Secure Electronics Systems (SET) protocol. SET proclamation by MasterCard; Growing interest in banking and security for hardware-based methods of...
- Protection is paramount for credit card info. // Communications News;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p52
Focuses on MasterCard's use of Security Dynamics Technologies' ACE/Server and SecurID technologies to provide user authentication and identification access security to users of MasterCard Online network. Single point of access for the MasterCard's credit, debit and other payment transaction...
- MasterCard Uses New Anti-Fraud Tech. Green, Jeffrey // Bank Technology News;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
Reports on MasterCard International's testing of a technology called Magneprint, designed to combat card counterfeiting made possible by swiping cards through skimming devices. Thieves' use of skimmers to steal money from unsuspecting cardholders' accounts; Security experts' belief that the...
- MasterCard option speeds replacement. // American Banker;5/16/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 93, p19
Reports on MasterCard's addition of MasterCard Priority Card Connection, an emergency card replacement option to its cardholder protection program.
- Merchant Acquirer BlastsVisa, MC Over Intercharge. Kuykendall, Lavonne // American Banker;9/24/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 184, p9
Among complaints of Nicholas W. Baxter, the president of the large merchant-acquiring business First Omaha Merchant Solutions, a unit of First National Bank of Omaha, Nebraska, were that interchange rates have been rising faster than inflation over the last few years while other costs for banks...
- MASTERCARD REVISES SECURITY SCHEME FOR DEBIT CARD PURCHASES MADE ONLINE. // ISO & Agent Weekly;11/6/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 39, p7
The article reports on the announcement made by MasterCard Worldwide that there will be changes to a security scheme for debit card purchases on the Internet. With these changes, the company aims to increase the speed and frequency of such transactions. The author notes that MasterCard will make...
- FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/11/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p26
Presents several charts and graph depicting the status of investment banking. Global volume of securities by product; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners as of April 4, 2005; Recent global equity deals as of April 7, 2005.