Jumping on the Dividend Bandwagon
- Time ripe to take Emmis private? // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the upgrade made by Goldman Sachs to Indianapolis, Indiana-based radio broadcaster Emmis Communications Corp. to "buy" from "neutral." The six-month price target on the stock has been lifted to 9.25 dollars from 7.50 dollars. Chief executive officer Jeff Smulyan may take...
- Claiborne Leads Retail Stock Surge. Clark, Evan; Lockwood, Lisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/5/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 94, p14
The article presents information on the stock performance of several fashion and retail companies in the U.S. Fashion and retail stocks were on the rise recently. Liz Claiborne Inc. led the pack with a 31.3 percent jump following an upgrade from Goldman Sachs Group. Claiborne's stock rose $1.50...
- Will Hercules Regain Strength in a Sale? Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/6/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p5
Reports that the share prices of Hercules Inc. has risen when it has engaged Goldman Sachs to explore strategic alternatives for the company. Market capital of Hercules; Stock prices of Hercules; Information on Hercules' business markets; Estimated takeout price for Hercules.
- Align, Incyte, GrubHub Among Best R&D Stock Plays: Goldman. KRAUSE, REINHARDT // Investors Business Daily;11/1/2016, p1
The article offers information on a new research report by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. that names companies that it says are best positioned to make their research & development dollars work including Align Technology, Amazon.com and Alphabet.
- Does Financial Constraint Affect the Relation between Shareholder Taxes and the Cost of Equity Capital? Zhonglan Dai; Shackelford, Douglas A.; Zhang, Harold H.; Chongyang Chen // Accounting Review;Sep2013, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p1603
We argue that reductions in shareholder taxes should lower the cost of equity capital more for financially constrained firms than for other companies. Consistent with this prediction, we find that, following the 1997 (TRA) and the 2003 (JGTRRA) cuts in U.S. individual shareholder taxes,...
- Is Block Drug Really on the Block? Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;06/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p1
Reports that Block Drug Co. has retained the services of Goldman Sachs to explore strategic alternatives on sale and merger. Impact of its decision to retain the services of Goldman Sachs to its stock price; Forecast on revenue from its sales.
- Goldman Sachs' shares top $200 mark despite a slowdown on the Street. // Crain's New York Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p4
The article focuses on the stock prices of major companies in New York City as of November 22, 2006. Goldman Sachs Corp.'s shares cracked the $200 barrier closing at $202.29. Medco Health Solutions Inc.'s shares closed at $47.93, falling one-third since early September 2006 when its rival...
- Asbury Automotive revs up IPO. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the debut of Asbury Automotive Group Inc. on the New York Stock Exchange in New York. Price of the company shares; Role of Goldman Sachs & Co. and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. as managers of the sale; Use of the proceeds for working capital, possible acquisitions and general corporate...
- Rockwood's IPO disappoints. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;8/22/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the share prices of the initial public offering (IPO) of specialty chemicals and advanced materials producer Rockwood Holdings Inc. Underwriters that have the option of buying additional shares such as Goldman Sachs; Use of the proceeds of the IPO to reduce debt and pay a dividend to...