Connie Lee gets AAA rating from Fitch
- Ambac acquires Connie Lee. // Business Insurance;10/27/97, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p78
Focuses on the plans for the acquisition of Connie Lee Insurance Company by Ambac Assurance Corporation. What the acquisition would entail; Specializations of the companies; Views of management personnel on the transaction.
- Standard & poor's affirms claims-paying rating on Ambac, Connie Lee. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/26/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30299, p28
Reports that Standard and Poor's affirmed its AAA claims-paying ability ratings on Connie Lee Insurance Company and Ambac Assurance Corporation. Reason for the affirmation; Terms of the reinsurance agreement between Ambac and Connie Lee; Value of the purchase.
- Ambac's ratings stable despite greater exposure from Connie Lee acquisition. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p3
Discusses the impact of Ambac Assurance Corp.'s stated intention to buy Connie Lee Insurance Co. on the bond market in the United States. Standard & Poor's affirmation of Connie Lee's AAA rating; Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Investors Service's issuance of releases saying that the...
- Connie Lee seeks to cover general obligation bonds. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/22/93, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p58
Reports on Connie Lee Insurance Corp.'s plan to expand its financial guarantee business. Competitors' criticism of the move; Merits of the Higher Education Act of 1992 to the company's plan; Speculation on plan to insure general obligation bonds for municipalities; Connie Lee executives'...
- Major chest pains. // Business News New Jersey;01/19/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Reports that Fitch IBCA, an international bond rating organization, downgraded $32.4 million of the revenue of Deborah Heart and Lung Center. Reason for the downgrading of the revenue of the center; Listing of some of the problems facing the center; Details on the financial status of the...
- Fitch Upgrades Laredo, Tex., GOs. // Bond Buyer;03/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30857, p2
Reports that Fitch IBCA Inc. has upgraded the general obligation debt from Laredo, Texas.
- Upstart jumps muni-bond wall. Hinz, Greg; Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/13/98, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p3
Reports on Fitch IBCA Incorporated with headquarters in New York and London, England. Reference to the hiring of Fitch to rate the debt for investment safety at the Chicago Park District; Details on Fitch's competitors; Information on Fitch.
- Connie Lee discussing sale to `highly rated' company. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;10/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p2
Reports that Connie Lee Insurance Company, a financial guarantee insurer, is in exclusive negotiations for a possible sale to a `highly rated insurance company.' Speculations of whom the possible candidates are; When the negotiations are expected to be completed; Information on Connie Lee;...
- Insurer, Bondholder Object to San Bernardino Bankruptcy Plan. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;9/18/2015, p1
Ambac Assurance Corp., in a bankruptcy court filing, says San Bernardino's plan of adjustment is more aspirational than real.