Functional-Assessment-Based Behavior Support Planning: Research to Practice to Research
- Scale for the Assessment of Negative Symptoms (SANS). // British Journal of Psychiatry;Nov89 Supplement, Vol. 155, p53
The article discusses the behavioral components of the Scale for the Assessment of Negative Symptoms (SANS). Five important symptoms of schizophrenia are included in the scale as they are recognised as strong predictors of treatment response and thus, are necessary for complete evaluation. To...
- The Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS): Rationale and Standardisation. Kay, S. R.; Opler, L. A.; Lindenmayer, J.-P. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Nov89 Supplement, Vol. 155, p59
The article discusses the thorough process of psychometric standardization for the production of the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS). Provision of strict operational criteria to permit objective measurement is implied by the process. Reliability analysis and validation along the...
- The Scale for the Assessment of Negative Symptoms (SANS): Conceptual and Theoretical Foundations. Andreasen, Nancy C. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Nov89 Supplement, Vol. 155, p49
The article presents the concepts and theories as bases for the development of the Scale for the Assessment of Negative Symptoms (SANS). The scale was to provide a comprehensive coverage of all negative symptoms, adding avolition, anhedonia and attentional impairment to former scales developed...
- Behavioural Observation Schedule (BOS), PIRS 2nd edition A revised edition of the FIRS (WHO, Geneva, March 1978). // British Journal of Psychiatry;Nov89 Supplement, Vol. 155, p78
The article presents the revised edition of the Psychological Impairments Rating Schedule known as the Behavioural Observation Schedule. It is designed to assess selected areas of psychological and behavioural impairments in patients who have suffered or are suffering from functional psychotic...
- Confusion. // American Medical Association Family Medical Guide;2004, p234
A diagram that aids a person in identifying the symptoms of confusion is presented.
- APPENDIX B. // Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: Concepts of Care in Evidence-;2006, p916
A list of components that are considered critical in the assessment of the mental status of a client is presented.
- Functional Behavioral Assessment: Process Without Procedure. Dieterich, Cynthia A.; Villani, Christine J. // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;2000, Issue 2, p209
Presents information on a study which investigated the dynamics of Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) and the law. Theoretical framework of FBA; Discussion on the merging of federal law and FBA; Conclusion.
- Evaluating the Validity of Functional Behavior Assessment. Shriver, Mark D.; Anderson, Cynthia M.; Proctor, Briley // School Psychology Review;2001, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p180
Abstract. This article provides a brief overview of functional behavior assessment and contrasts and compares functional behavior assessment and traditional psychological assessment. Messick's (1995) theory of construct validity is presented and then applied to the evaluation of the validity of...
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p237
Presents an abstract of the study `Chaos Theory, Nonlinear Dynamical Models, and Psychological Assessment,' by E.M. Heiby published in `Psychological Assessment' in 1995.