Colorado's Romer stresses school, transport funding
- Colo. School-Finance Bill Awaits Action by Romer. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;11/6/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p19
The article reports on the decision of Governor Roy Romer over the signing of a compromise school-finance bill or veto it and force another round of legislative deliberation in Colorado. The bill would provide the state's 176 school districts with 101 million dollars under the terms of the...
- Colo. Lawmakers To Resume Work on School-Finance Issue. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/16/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that legislature is scheduled to meet again for its special session next week after they failed to agree on a school-finance measure. They are putting off hard decision whether to provide full funding as required by the 1998 school-finance law. Governor Roy Romer, an alliance...
- Why he wants 'one of the toughest jobs in America' Terry, Sara // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 140, p2
Reports that Roy Romer, former governor of Colorado, will assume the position of Los Angeles, California's superintendent of schools.
- Romer's odyssey. Luscombe, Belinda // Time International (South Pacific Edition);01/27/97, Issue 4, p67
Discusses newly appointed chairman of the Democratic National Committe Roy Romer's adventure on finding himself, after boarding a flight, without wallet or identification. The help he received from strangers.
- Give it all back, Gov. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;08/10/98, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p34
Focuses on the statement by Colorado Governor Roy Romer, of his intentions to refund money accrued when the state took too much in taxes. Reference to magazine articles regarding Romer's extramarital affairs; Request for a three-day legislative session to work out the logistics of the payback.
- Pa. fails to cover cost of busing private students, study finds. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;03/26/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p16
Reports on the failure of the Pennsylvania to finance transportation funding despite a state law that mandates the busing of private students. Collision between private school advocates and state lawmakers; Criticisms on the busing of private students; Proposed amendments to the state law.
- Guns in the hands of kids. Romer, Roy // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/1/93, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p58
Presents a speech by the governor of Colorado, given at the First Extraordinary Session of the Fifty-Ninth General Assembly, dealing with the issue of violence in America. Change in the code of conduct of the American youth; Report that 15 percent of children from grades six through twelve has...
- Another term? Weisner, Pat // Colorado Business Magazine;May94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
Expresses the author's non-endorsement of Roy Romer's re-election bid for the governorship of Colorado. Reasons for why Romer should not be governor for another four years.
- 'Hurricane Forces' Buffet New Superintendent. Richard, Alan // Education Week;09/13/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p39
Focuses on the management challenges facing Roy Romer, superintendent of the Los Angeles Unified School District in California. Roles and responsibilities; Problems related to school overcrowding; Operational issues; Romer's proposals to increase school funding from the state.