X-Out Board Replacement
- Dispensing Solder Wisdom, One Dot at a Time. O'NEILL, TIM // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;May2016, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p68
The article discusses the process of depositing solder paste on the printed wiring boards called stencil printing. This could establish electrical connections. Printing on either or both ends of the printable size spectrum is a challenge for printed circuit board (PCB) assemblers. Topics...
- Solder Tip Damage. HUNT, CHRIS // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Apr2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p55
The article offers information on the damaging effects of the poor use of soldering iron on integrated circuits.
- Probes Connect As Geometries Shrink and Speeds Increase. Loberg, Chris // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jul2011, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses the proper approach to solder integrated circuit (IC) pins to multiple locations.
- Plug Those Vias! HUNT, CHRIS // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;May2016, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p73
The article discusses the via-in-pad which can cause void during soldering of the board through via plating or air trapped in the cavity during printing.
- Mains Operated Remote Control Tester. GORKHALI, RAJ K. // Electronics For You;May2014, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p98
The article offers step-by-step instruction for designing handy remote control tester.
- Experts solve your computing problems. // APC (Future Publishing Ltd.);Mar2014, Issue 400, p82
The article presents questions and answers related to computing including upgrading an AMD FX-6100 central processing unit running on an MSI 990XA-GD55 motherboard,upgrading one's Core i5-2500K based Windows 7 system and installing new motherboard drivers.
- Extensions to the IEEE 1149.1 boundary-scan standard. Collins, Pete // EDN;9/15/2005, Vol. 50 Issue 19, p81
This article discusses the extensions to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 1149.1 boundary-scan standard. The standard was developed to resolve the problems associated with limited physical access for probing test points on personal computer boards and to verify that...
- Steppers take on flip-chip IC packaging. Anberg, Doug; Ruff, Bruce // Laser Focus World;Nov99, Vol. 35 Issue 11, pS11
Presents information on flip-chip integrated circuit packaging. Mounting of high input/output count devices; Common methods of depositing solder bumps; Role of photoresist in electroplating and evaporating processes; Impact of developments in lithography on steppers.
- Characterization and Modeling of Static and Cyclic Relaxation in Nonconductive Adhesives. Gunawan, M.; Wong, E. H.; Mhaisalkar, S. G.; Davila, L. T.; Yu Hong; Caers, J. F. J. M.; Tsai, T. K. // Journal of Electronic Materials;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1041
Adhesive interconnections are considered to be attractive alternatives to lead or lead-free solder interconnects because of their lower processing temperatures and extendability to fine pitch applications. However, reliability issues, such as moisture-induced delamination and viscoelastic...