- Ni filled flexible multi-walled carbon nanotube-polystyrene composite films as efficient microwave absorbers. Kumar Srivastava, Rajesh; Narayanan, T. N.; Reena Mary, A. P.; Anantharaman, M. R.; Srivastava, Anchal; Vajtai, Robert; Ajayan, Pulickel M. // Applied Physics Letters;9/12/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p113116
In this letter, we report flexible, non corrosive, and light weight nickel nanoparticle@multi-walled carbon nanotube-polystyrene (Ni@MWCNT/PS) composite films as microwave absorbing material in the frequency range of S band (2-4 GHz). Dielectric permittivity and magnetic permeability of...
- Dispersions of carbon nanotubes/polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes hybrids in polymer: the mechanical, electrical and EMI shielding properties. Qi-Fang Li; Yihui Xu; Jin-San Yoon; Guang-Xin Chen // Journal of Materials Science;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p2324
hybrid was synthesized by grafting polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS) to multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs). The MWCNT/polymer composites produced using silsesquioxane grafted MWCNTs as a filler had a high electromagnetic interference shielding effectiveness. Homogeneous dispersion...
- Method and apparatus to measure electromagnetic interference shielding efficiency and its shielding characteristics in broadband frequency ranges. Hong, Y. K.; Lee, C. Y.; Jeong, C. K.; Lee, D. E.; Kim, K.; Joo, J. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Feb2003, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p1098
We have designed and manufactured a flanged coaxial line as a sample holder for measuring the electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding efficiency (SE) of planar materials in broadband frequency ranges up to 18 GHz. Connecting the samples holder to a vector network analyzer (50...
- Editor's Note. Depperschmidt, Nick // Electronics Protection;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p2
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various articles within the issue on topics including the technological advances in electromagnetic interference (EMI) protection, radio frequency interference (RFI) protection, and electronic shielding gasketing.
- Effects of catalyst accelerator on electromagnetic shielding in nonelectrolytic Cu-plated fabrics. Kim, E. A.; Han, E. G.; Oh, K. W.; Na, J. G. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/2000, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p4984
The effects of etching and catalyst accelerating conditions on microstructures of copper films and electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding effectiveness (SE) of nonelectrolytic copper-plated fabrics were investigated. Copper films were coated onto polyester fabrics by a conventional...
- Controlling EMI Noise Problems. Turkel, Stan // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Aug2000, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p14
Presents ways in controlling Electromagnetic Interference noise problems in the United States. Advantage of using shielded cable in breaking down the coupling effect between the noise and the signal; Creation of a high impedance for coupled noise through balanced circuits; Efficacy of a Radio...
- Unusual Cases of EMI. Carr, Joseph J. // Popular Electronics;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p72
Discusses the problems encountered with radio communications, electromagnetic interference (EMI), as well as the necessity for electronic products that possess electromagnetic comptability (EMC). Lessons learned; Recommended equipment.
- Understanding and preventing radio frequency interference. Mostia Jr., William L. // Control Engineering;Mid-Dec98, Vol. 45 Issue 16, following p124
Focuses on the prevention of radio frequency interference (RFI). Definition of RFI; Methods in minimizing RFI effects; How shielding can reduce the effects of RFI.
- Electrical conductivity and electromagnetic interference shielding of multiwalled carbon nanotube composites containing Fe catalyst. Kim, H. M.; Kim, K.; Lee, C. Y.; Joo, J.; Cho, S. J.; Yoon, H. S.; Pejakoviá, D. A.; Yoo, J. W.; Epstein, A. J. // Applied Physics Letters;1/26/2004, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p589
Thin and flexible composite films of raw or purified multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) with various mass fractions and poly(methylmethacrylate) (PMMA) were synthesized for electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding material. From scanning electron microscopy and high-resolution transmission...