War Coverage in the Chinese Media
- Killing the golden goose. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/15/99-03/22/99, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p4
Editorial. Comments on the problem of too much advertising on televisions and the Internet. Impact of advertising messages on news programs; Reference to plans for a commercial-free channels by author as a pioneer in cable television.
- How the Net will impact TV news. Braun, Eric // Electronic Media;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p10
Comments on ways in which the Internet will impact on television newscasts by the end of the year 2010. Percentage of Americans who use the Internet; How the Internet will be used in television.
- How does the Web affect your approach to a developing news story? Matheny, Luke // Electronic Media;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p9
Presents United States-based television news directors' opinions regarding the impact of the Internet on their approaches to developing news stories. Includes Chris Berg, news director of Albuquerque, New Mexico-based KOB-TV.
- VOTED & QUOTED. // Advertising Age;8/9/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 32, p14
Covers issues related to advertising as of August 9, 2004. Percentage of AdAge.com voters that got their daily convention coverage from the Internet; Quote from Paul Rule, president of Marquest Media & Entertainment Research, on cable news networks; Opinion of Kurt Pipa, analyst for Sunstar, on...
- BBC spotlights, viewer content. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/28/2006, Vol. 397 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on British Broadcasting Corp.'s plan to launch its first all user-generated content news show on round-the-clock news network BBC News 24. The show, "Your News," will feature news stories and video sent in by the public. The article reports on the release of a research which...
- ITV cuts will restrict PROs. // PRWeek (London);10/3/2008, p2
The article reports on the impact of cuts imposed on Internet television (ITV) regional news on public relations officers (PRO) in Great Britain. According to Henry Macaulay, head of press and media at Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty To Animals (RSPCA), such cuts would mean less...
- How News Became Entertainment. Frank, Reuven // New Leader;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p30
Comments on how people in the U.S. think of television news. Use of television news for entertainment; Unwillingness of the public to pay for news service; Reason people log on the Internet; Attraction by CNN of more viewers.
- The News On Television. Soldes, Gilbert // New Republic;1/18/54, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the possibilities of television news coverage in the U.S. Problems of balanced news reporting; Nature of television and radio broadcasting; Difficulties of a fair presentation of controversy.
- New York Area's Top TV Stations. // Crain's New York Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p23
Presents a chart depicting the top television stations in New York as of September. Name and corporate owner of the stations ; Telephone and web site of the stations; Late news ranking of the stations.