Committed to excellence
- Excel brings electronic pasteurization to 2 beef plants. // National Provisioner;May2001, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p118
Reports that SureBeam Corp. has agreed to engineer, manufacture and install electronic pasteurization systems at two of Excel Corp.'s beef processing facilities in the United States.
- Coming soon: the robots that take meat samples. Dawson, Freddie // Food Manufacture;Feb2012, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p52
The article offers information on the research project to develop robotics that take meat samples for quality at slaughterhouse production lines in Scotland. It notes that the project is funded by Quality Meat Scotland (QMS) and the Scottish government. It notes that QMS executive Andy McGowan...
- 18th & guerrero: tartine bakery. // Country Living;Sep2005, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p21
Presents information about Tartine, a tiny French bakery in Mission District, San Francisco, California.
- Microbiology made easy. // National Provisioner;Dec96, Vol. 210 Issue 12, p65
Introduces a line of automated microbiology systems by Monmouth Junction, a New Jersey-based Micromation Incorporated. Food processing plant that uses the system; Features and function of the Automated Dilution System; Remarks of Martin Tricarico, president of Micromation Incorporated about the...
- Maintenance free. Nickelson, Ranzell // National Provisioner;May97, Vol. 211 Issue 5, p79
Looks at the impact of maintenance workers on processing plant environment that affects quality and safety. Development and implementation of HAACP plans; Items to address in maintenance standard operating procedure (MSOP); Account on food-processing plant employees.
- PLANT OPENINGS & EXPANSIONS. // Food Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p13
Provides news briefs on food processing plants in the U.S., as of February 2003. Launch of a Rastelli's Fine Foods facility in Logan Township, New Jersey; Completion of a renovation and expansion project of Stellar Group for Rich Products Corp.; Plan of Pepsi Bottling Group to create a bottling...
- Renovation: Recycling your food plant. Mans, Jack; Swientek, Bob // Prepared Foods;Sep93, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p90
Provides information on renovations of food plants. Benefits gained from renovating; Examples of successful renovations in the food industry; Factors for a successful plant renovation; Need to identify the reasons for the project; Development of a plan and the best layout; Sanitation concerns;...
- New food plant construction. // Prepared Foods;Jan94, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p90
Reports on food plant constructions in the United States as of January 1994.
- New food plant construction. // Prepared Foods;Apr94, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p71
Features new food plant constructions in the United States. Agripac Inc.; Culinary Foods Inc.; Auly Foods Ltd.; Cargill Inc.; Humboldt Creamery Association; Headquarters; Project location; Project type; Cost; Status; Products manufactured; Plant size; Number of employees; Purpose; Features;...