- ISLAND TREASURE. Connors, Michael // Country Living;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p23
Focuses on the furniture traditions of the West Indian islands. History of the development of West Indian furniture; Information on the heritage of most West Indian cabinetmakers; Significance of furniture made by African West Indians.
- Young ethnic populations good prospects. Anderson, Kay // Furniture/Today;11/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p26
Reports the purchasing plans of the ethnic groups for dining room furniture in the United States. Percentage of the buyers; Plan-to-buy index for black people; Amount of median planned spending. INSET: Methodology.
- artists' statements. KYTONEN, MAY; SINK, DOUG // Ruminate Magazine;Winter2016/2017, Issue 41, p56
The article focuses on views of authors on their work, along with photographs of their arts. Topics views of one author on topics such as paper sculptures crafted from material sourced from his life and culture; impact of growing up in a bicultural home on his art; and prominence of multiethnic...
- Ethnic opportunities near $600M mark. French, Dana // Furniture/Today;8/6/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p30
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by the 'Furniture/Today' periodical, which found out that a significant percentage of households planning to make stationary sofa purchases in 2001, are part of key ethnic groups in the United States. Approximate value of American consumers' total...
- Ethnic tradition in furniture as the design of future. Strilets, Valery // Concept / Koncept;2014, Issue 9, p1
The author shows the development of ethnic traditions in furniture in different countries. He deals with the meaning and role of tradition in modern design and identifies certain aspects of ethnic traditions development in modern ethnic furniture design.
- Personal touch. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;6/15/2007, Issue 5542, p25
The article reports on the move of retailer and wholesaler Mandala Ltd. to put a new spin on ethnic style to give greater visibility to its fusion of east-meets-west and loft living style showroom in London, England. According to the owner, Matthew Hanrahan, their emphasis is to move away from...
- Ethnicities makes market debut. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;4/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p36
Reports on the appearance of the furniture firm Ethnicities at the International Home Furnishings Market in High Point, North Carolina. Types of furniture showcased by the company; Features of the furniture; Retail price.
- Beneath the veneer of paradise: the struggle over Cuban ethnic identity and place in Key West Meltzoff, Sarah Keene // ECUMENE;Apr1997, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p139
No abstract available.
- Ethnicity. Deng, Francis M. // Brookings Review;Summer97, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p28
Analyzes the possibility of consolidating the framework of modern African state while giving recognition and utilizing elements of ethnicities, cultures and aspirations for self-determination. The challenge of ethnicity in Africa; Africa's response to the challenge; Models of ethnic...