- PEOPLE. // Chain Store Age;Apr2001, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p112
Focuses on the selection and appointment of executives in the retail trade industry in the United States as of April 2001. Appointment of Pernille Spiers-Lopez as president of the North American operations of IKEA; Election of William Simon to the board of directors of Duane Reade.
- NY chefs cook for IKEA opening and more. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/23/95, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p14
Reports that New York City-based chefs are promoting themselves and their culinary techniques as part of a star-studded cooking event at the debut of IKEA's New York store. Chefs to be featured at the store's opening promotion.
- Furniture retailer still looking for home in county. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p7
No abstract available.
- Ikea expansion. // Housewares;Apr94, Issue 107, p6
Reports on the announcement by Ikea that it has plans to open five more stores by 1999. Locations at Leeds, southwest London, and east London; Scotland as possible location for two others; Size of the stores.
- Ikea scouting. // Crain's New York Business;6/13/94, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p59
Reports that Ikea is planning to open a type of retail outlet in Manhattan, New York. Physical description of the outlet.
- Ikea format. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/2/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 84, p23
Reports on Ikea's opening of a store with a new format in Manhattan, New York City.
- Ikea plans new stores. // Housewares;Mar95, Issue 116, p4
Reports that furniture and housewares retailer Ikea has applied to build a store at West Thurrock in east London, England.
- St Luke's pulls Ikea `downsizer' ad. Beale, Claire // Campaign;03/06/98, Issue 10, p10
Presents information on the pulling of a commercial for Ikea company after it received hundreds of complaint. Information on advertisement; Reason that people complained about the commercial; Mention of other commercials that received complaints.
- Ikea-style couple. // Adweek Western Edition;3/25/96, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p44
Reports on Ikea's release of a commercial spot that revolves around an inter-racial couple. Creation of the spot by Deutsch.