The price of drug coverage
- MedPAC backs new 'doc fix.'. // AHA News;10/10/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p1
The article reports that a recommendation to the U.S. Congress to repeal Medicare's sustainable growth rate (SGR) formula and replace it with a 10-year path of legislated fee schedule updates was voted among members of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC).
- Committed commuter. Fong, Tony // Modern Healthcare;10/6/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p32
Profiles Glenn Hackbarth, chairman of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) in Washington, D.C. Reason for refusing to comment on the Medicare reform debate with regard to the provision of prescription drug coverage for seniors; Views of several healthcare executives on the...
- Policymakers Skeptical Of For-Profit Hospices. // Eli's Hospice Insider;Mar2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p17
The article presents comments during the meeting of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) on the concerns of influx of for-profit providers into the hospice market in the U.S. According to MedPAC chairman Glenn Hackbarth, for-profit hospices are paid to help dying patients. He also...
- For-Profit Hospices Draw MedPAC Commissioners' Ire. // Eli's Home Care Week;1/30/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p27
The article reports negative issues involving for-profit hospices in the U.S. It mentions that multiple commissioners from the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) raised their concerns over the influx of for-profit providers into the hospice market. Its chairman Glenn Hackbarth notes...
- Medicare adviser urges more than 'lip service' on future of program. Young, Jeffrey // Hill;9/21/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 109, p12
An interview with Glenn Hackbarth, chairman of Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) of the U.S. is presented. When asked about Medicare and healthcare issues, he answered that the biggest issue faced by the government is the long-term financial problem of Medicare. He added that most of...
- MedPAC proposes cuts. Lubell, Jennifer // Modern Healthcare;1/18/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p0008
No abstract available.
- MedPAC puts on the pressure. DoBias, Matthew // Modern Healthcare;1/16/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on a set of recommendations made by the U.S. Medicare Payment Advisory Commission designed to shift hospitals from capital spending in the U.S. in 2005. The 17-member congressional advisory board advised federal lawmakers to increase physician payments by 3% in 2007. If...
- Glenn Hackbarth, JD care coordination for Medicare beneficiaries. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2008, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p48
An interview with Glenn Hackbarth, chairman of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) is presented. Hackbarth answered questions related to cost-effectiveness of preventive care initiatives including the possibility of MedPAC to make more use of the Internet and advances in IT to...
- A CONVERSATION with Gail R. Wilensky. // Policy & Practice of Public Human Services;Jun2000, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p28
Interviews Gail R. Wilensky, chairman of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission in the United States, on Medicare. Discussions on effective features of Medicare; Flaws in the program; Modernization plans; Support for a premium-support plan; Other related issues.