- GRUNT, SNORFLE, SNOOZE. // Ranger Rick;Jul2003, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p6
Presents information on burrows where warthogs in Africa live.
- WANDA ONE WARTY MAMA. Warthog, Wanda; Churchman, Deborah // Ranger Rick;Jul2003, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p4
Presents information on female warthogs that live in Africa.
- TEMPORAL PATTERNS OF RANGE USE IN WATER VOLES: DO FEMALES' TERRITORIES DRIFT? Moorhouse, Tom P.; Macdonald, David W.; Ceballos, Gerardo // Journal of Mammalogy;Aug2005, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p655
Female small mammals are often territorial. Two hypotheses explaining territoriality of females predict that females should exclude competing females from territorial boundaries. For water voles, these hypotheses allow either static territoriality, in which the geographical locations of...
- Chapter 2: Tiger Territory. DuTemple, Lesley A. // Tigers;1996, p12
Many tigers live in a tiger habitat. But each tiger takes part of the habitat for its very own. This is the tiger's territory. Sometimes male tigers share their territory with female tigers. Sometimes female tigers share their territory with other females. But male tigers never share with other...
- Chapter 5: Family Life. Arnold, Caroline // Ostriches (0-8225-3044-9);2001, p28
Male ostriches are called roosters. Female ostriches are called hens. A family group usually has one rooster and several hens. A family lives in its own area. The area is called a territory. All the hens in a family lay their eggs in one big nest. An ostrich's egg is about 8 inches long. It...
- Beauty or the beast? Harbrecht, D. // International Wildlife;Jul92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p30
Examines the wart hog and its growing popularity in the United States. Discusses the wart hog's physical characteristics and habits and habitat. Vulnerabilities; Sets of warts; Behavior; Vocalizations; Size. INSET: Would you take a wart hog to lunch? (survey)..
- Wart hog results. // International Wildlife;Nov92, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p12
Presents the results of an `International Wildlife' magazine survey asking if the wart hog is a beauty or a beast. Gives sample responses from the more than 250 readers who replied.
- When Dorothy grunts. Frame, L.H. // Highlights for Children;Feb91, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p24
Describes life among such groups of West African animals as warthogs, birds and monkeys. The article discusses the importance of warning cries among these animals.
- Winter habitat selection by female moose in western interior montane forests. Poole, Kim G.; Stuart-Smith, Kari // Canadian Journal of Zoology;Dec2006, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p1823
Winter range has been identified as an important component of moose (Alces alces (L., 1758)) conservation in managed forests, yet there have been few studies on habitat associations in montane ecosystems. We investigated habitat selection by moose at landscape and stand scales during late winter...