Sharon's real programme
- Interview with Uri Avnery. // Tikkun;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p33
Interviews Uri Avnery, a leader of Israel's peace movement. Views on the Zionist movement in the country; Stance towards Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's disengagement plan; Plausible strategy for mobilizing people on the issue of the West Bank.
- Is Peace Possible? // Junior Scholastic;5/6/2002, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p4
Focuses on the violence in the Middle East. Interruption of a Palestinian suicide bomber to the Passover Seder of Israelites; Action of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on the terrorism attacks; Support of U.S. President George W. Bush to the Israelites.
- TARGETED KILLING AS ACTIVE SELF-DEFENSE. Guiora, Amos // Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law;Spring2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2/3, p319
This article focuses on the Israel's targeted killing policy. On the eve of the summit between Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and newly elected Palestinian Authority President Mahmud Abbas in February 2005, the Government of Israel made the decision to freeze the practice of targeted killings....
- DON'T LET THE MIDEAST DESTROY THE WESTERN ALLIANCE. Crook, Clive // National Journal;5/11/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p1370
Discusses the relation of Western nations in line with the September 11, 2001 U.S. terrorist attack by militant Islam groups. Discussion on the relation of Europe and Middle Eastern countries; Perception on the political strategy of Palestinian leader Ariel Sharon; Regulation of the U.S....
- Cairo Caught Between Rock of Arab Anger At Israel, Hard Place of U.S. Pressure. Hammond, Andrew // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Mar2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p57
Reports the uprising against Israeli occupations in Palestine. Effect of the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York City on the economy of Egypt; Broadcast of Hebrew-language programming in Israel; Predecessor of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
- Nahla Abdo: Narrating the Nation of Palestine. Abbas, Nuzhat // Herizons;Spring2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p18
In the article author narrates condition of women in the Middle East, with special focus on Palestinian women.Our culture, which was based on the land, on how people conducted their lives, their economic and social experiences, ended up being held in oral culture.This oral culture was largely...
- A fearsome reply to an assassin. Derfner, Larry // U.S. News & World Report;11/5/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 19, p38
Looks at the complaint of Israel of a double standard of the administration of United States President George W. Bush. View that the U.S. may bomb terrorists in Afghanistan, but that Israel may not shoot them in the West Bank; Pressure of Bush on Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to pull...
- DANGER LEVELS. Remnick, David // New Yorker;7/31/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 23, p21
This article discusses the war now going on between Israel and the Hezbollah in Lebanon and also Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Newly elected Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has had to deal with both wars since he first replaced Ariel Sharon and now the entire Middle East region is on the verge of...
- String Them Up. Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;7/14/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 13, p54
The article comments on the release of those responsible for terrorist killing in Israel in reference to the release of Ahmed Jubarah, who was convicted for killing 13 Israelis. As a conciliatory gesture, General Ariel Sharon ordered his release on July 8, 2003. The author opines that if Sharon...