- Minnesota's List of Stadium, Ballpark Proposals Stands at 10. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p26
Reports on the proposal of stadium screening committee on the stadium plans for Major League Baseball in Minnesota. Terms of the football stadium proposal; Budget for the ballpark; Importance of bond issue for the proposal.
- Minnesota Relaxes Its Stance on Publicly Funded Ballparks. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p28
Focuses on the publicly financed ballpark plans of Minnesota. Opposition to public subsidy for stadiums; Issuance of general obligation bonds; Changes in sales tax imposition to finance construction of stadium.
- '16-for-16' San Diego Readies Ballpark Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31316, p4
Focuses on the plan of San Diego, California to invest in bonds in order to finance the development of a baseball field. Court cases filed against the city to stop the financing plans; Law suits filed by the city.
- Padres Ballpark Deal Put on Hold Again as Lawsuit Seeks Another Vote. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31297, p36
Reports that deal of issuing multi million dollars in lease revenue bonds to finance baseball stadium for the Padres in San Diego, California has been put on hold. Reason for delaying the issue of bonds; Several lawsuits filed against the baseball fields; Issues related to lawsuit filed against...
- Milwaukee council panel approves selling bonds to pay stadium costs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p7
Reports on the approval of the sale of bonds to help Milwaukee, Wisconsin come up with its $9 million share of infrastructure costs at the Brewers' ballpark. Addition of the bonds to the city's regular fall sale of general obligation bonds; Repayment of the debt through parking revenues.
- High bids to delay Ohio ballpark bonds. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/06/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30428, p34
Reports that Dayton, Ohio, will have to delay the sale of its taxable bonds to finance a minor-league baseball stadium because bids from firms seeking to build the ballpark were higher than the city's estimate. Lowest bid for the construction work; Possible rebidding of the contract; Bonds...
- Virginia Agency to Draft Plan Aimed at Luring Baseball Team. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30890, p4
Reports on the Virginia Resources Authority's (VRA) preparation to develop a financing plan to sell bonds for a stadium. Efforts of the state to attract a professional baseball team; Expected start of financial discussions between the VRA and the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority in summer 2000.
- Florida High Court OKs Baseball Bond Validation. Sigo, Shelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/29/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 40, p11
The article reports on the approval of the validation of 29 million dollars baseball bonds by high courts in Florida.
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...