THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- House rejects effort to gut Clean Water Act reform. // Human Events;5/26/95, Vol. 51 Issue 20, p22
Presents a list of amendments and rejections made in the United States House committee for the period ending May 26, 1995. Rejection of the substitute amendment offered to gut the bill aimed at revising the Federal Water Pollution Control Act of 1972; Rejection of an amendment to the product...
- New Laws to Fight Ship-Sourced Pollution. // Australian Maritime Digest;Oct2012, Issue 216, p10
The article offers information on the Maritime Legislation Amendment Bill 2012 for the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL), adopted by the International Maritime Organization in July 2012 to limit pollution from ships and protect maritime environment.
- Michigan Bill Would Tap Water Bond Authorization for Cleanup Efforts. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/3/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33360, p20
The article reports on the passage of a bill that will extend the extended use of one billion dollar Great Lakes Water Quality bond authorization in Michigan in 2010.
- POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD. // Illinois Register;3/15/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p2851
The article presents a notice of amendments proposed by the Illinois State's Pollution Control Board on the Water Use Designations and Site-Specific Water Quality Standards, implemented and authorized by Sections 10 and 27 of the Illinois Environmental Protection Act.
- Water Quality Standards. // Illinois Register;5/31/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p7493
The article offers information on a notice of adopted amendments issued by the U.S. Pollution Control Board regarding water quality standards in Illinois. The amendments have been adopted in accordance with the Sections 27 of the Environmental Protection Act. The adopted amendments came into...
- POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENT. // Illinois Register;7/29/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p12634
The article presents the notice of proposed amendment to the state law concerning effluent standards by the Pollution Control Board in Illinois. The proposed amendment involves establishment of an effluent limit to meet the obligations of the state under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act....
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY: NOTICE OF PUBLIC INFORMATION: LISTING OF DERIVED WATER QUALITY CRITERIA. Koch, Brian // Illinois Register;6/8/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p8521
The article presents the listing of derived water quality criteria published by the Environmental Protection Agency in Illinois. Aquatic life and human health criteria for General Use are provided. General Use human health criteria are created for protection of primary contact waters, criteria...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE. // Federal Register;7/11/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 133, p41803
The article presents a notice from the Department of Justice on its decision to lodge proposed amendment to a consent decree under the Clean Water Act in the U.S. It notes that the Justice Department has lodged a proposed amendment to the original 2012 consent decree for the Eastern District of...
- The Emergence Of Convergence. Lazarus, Richard // Environmental Forum;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p18
Discusses the emergence of convergence in the environmental law in the U.S. as of January 2005. Description made by Senate committee staffer Ronald Outen on the emerging structure of U.S. environmental law and the dynamics of legislative amendment during the 1980s; Enactment of the Clean Air...