LETTER FROM THE EDITORS
- Giuliani seeks big Medicaid cuts. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the Medicaid spending cuts proposed by New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Governor George Pataki. Effect on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. which receives more than half its revenues from Medicaid.
- From the Frying Pan Into the Fire: The New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. Faces the Free Market. Yacoe, Don // Bond Buyer;Jun2000 Supplement Health Care, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p12a
Features the healthcare company New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. Challenges encountered; Contributions made to the American healthcare industry; Organizational improvements undertaken. INSET: ANATOMY OF AN AD CAMPAIGN.
- Report shows how far HHC has to go in restructuring. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;11/13/95, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p32
Reports on the findings of a study conducted by the City Hospital Visiting Committee evaluating the ability of New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.'s (HHC) ability to provide quality patient care despite changes in the city's health care delivery system. Enrolment of patients in Medicaid...
- More hospitals are privatised in the US. Roberts, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/2/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7005, p587
Reports on the possible privatization of New York City's Health and Hospitals Corp. (HHC) which is responsible in providing medical care to poor people. Number of hospitals and clinics being operated by HHC; Privatization and closing of health facilities in other parts of the United States to...
- Regional networks proposed for N.Y. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;5/30/94, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p17
Discusses the proposal of the president of New York City's public health care system to cluster the city's 16 acute-care and long-term hospitals and five diagnostic and treatment centers into six regional healthcare networks. Interview of Bruce Siegel, president of the New York City Health and...
- Free or low-cost health checks every Tuesday in October. // New York Amsterdam News;9/28/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 40, p31
The article states that New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. (HHC), a municipal healthcare system in the U.S., will be holding its Take Care New York campaign in October 2006. The campaign will offer free or no-cost health tests for diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, asthma, HIV,...
- Cityâ€™s public hospital system gets poor financial prognosis. LAMANTIA, JONATHAN // Crain's New York Business;11/10/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p0004
The article focuses on the financial challenges facing the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. (HHC) as of 2014. Topics covered include the projected increase in budget gap, the commitment of HHC to preserve its mission and ensure the corporation's long-term financial health and the plan to...
- inbox: ACCESS FOR ALL. New York City aims to improve care coordination for immigrants. STEMPNIAK, MARTY // Hospitals & Health Networks;Dec2015, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p17
The article focuses on the Direct Access program to be launched by New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. which aims to deliver culturally competent care for immigrants in the city.
- HHC's reach extends deep into its communities. // AHA News;9/28/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p4
An interview with Alan D. Aviles, president and chief executive of New York City Health and Hospital Corporation (HHC), is presented. According to Aviles, HHC offers health services for 1.3 million New Yorkers, including 450,000 uninsured. When asked whether the community recognizes the services...