Senate Panel OKs Bill Seeking Nonprofit Bonding Corporation for Railroads
- GOP takeover on Hill would bring major committee changes, but transport impact nil. James, Robert P. // Traffic World;10/31/94, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the changes in the transportation committees resulting from the defeat of the Democrats in the 104th Congress. Bud Shuster as possible chairman of the House Public Works and Transportation Committee; Senator Ernest Hollings' loss of the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee...
- NEVADA Transit Windfall. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p35
Reports on the federal highway bill to fund state transportation and infrastructure projects in Nevada. Economic impact of the project; Amount of the fund; Design of the bill.
- Highway Bill Passed, Though Few Seem Proud of It. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;7/2/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33740, p4
The article offers information on the approval of the transportation bill worth 129 million dollars by federal lawmakers, that helps in protecting the revenue streams related to state and local infrastructure financing in the U.S.
- ISTEA-2 moves closer to approval; increase possible. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/16/98, Vol. 240 Issue 11, p12
Reports on infrastructure in the United States focusing on the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act-2 which is being debated on in the Senate. Speculation on what the bill would include if it is passed; What is expected of Bud Shuster (R-Pa), chairman of the Transportation and...
- DOT's `Clarification' Will Put a Damper on TIFIA, Letters Say. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;07/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30931, p5
Focuses on the disadvantages of requiring an investment-grade rating for funds under the Transportation Infrastructure Financing & Innovation Act in the United States according to the analysis of three investment firms. Explanation of how such a requirement will dampen infrastructure and...
- SIB programs are being hindered by Transportation Act. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30532, p1
Reports on the effects of the passage of a federal transportation legislation on the infrastructure bank program. Program's aim to help states speed up highway and transit projects and occasionally spur bond sales; Hindrance posed by the transportation legislation to the program; Projects that...
- Kansas house green-lights debt-free transportation plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30587, p3
Reports on the passage of a bond-free transportation bill in the Kansas House of Representatives. Differences of the bill to the state Senate's version; Reasons of the bill's authors for not including bonds in the transportation plan; Revenue bonds outstanding of the state.
- The industry should speak with one voice. Chambers, Ray B. // Railway Age;July2001, Vol. 202 Issue 7, p14
Encourages the American public to design a plan to rebuild rail infrastructure. Ways of improving rail infrastructure; Organizations that support legislation, the Railroad Track Modernization Act of 2001; Impact of building highways.
- Opportunity 2002. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;12/17/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 51, p29
Focuses on the plans of rail shippers for freight transportation issues in the United States. Formation of federal legislation designed to improve rail infrastructure; Proposal to amend the RAIL and RIDE bills; Opportunity of small rail shippers to access to binding arbitration in rate disputes...