Summer School Session
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p35
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of September 16, 2002. Plan of Maryland Economic Development Corp. to issue tax-exempt lease revenue bonds; Appointment of Harold D. Williams to a five-year term on the Maryland Public Service Commission; Decline of the rating for Elliot Hospital.
- Maryland to Issue $27 Million For U.S. DOD Telecom Facility. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p28
Focuses on the plans of Maryland Economic Development Corp. to issue taxable lease revenue bonds that will benefit the U.S. Department of Defense. Rating of the bonds; Purpose of the proceeds to be attained from the sale; Factors that led to the bonds' taxation.
- Rare Maryland High-Yield Deal Sells Well in Spite of Criticism. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p1
Reports that the Maryland Economic Development Corp. has sold $18 million of student housing revenue bonds on behalf of Towson State University. Market criticisms faced by the deal; Structure of the bonds.
- Moody's Affirms Bonds Sold for Maryland's Salisbury University. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p5
Reports the revision of the credit rating on the college housing bonds of Maryland Economic Development Corp. in the U.S. Stability of demand for student housing facilities; Generation of net revenue; Variation of the leasing structure.
- Maryland University System to Receive $102.5M in 4 Deals for 3 Campuses. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31655, p31
Maryland-based Maryland Economic Development Corp. plans to sell $102.5 million in four separate education issues via negotiation in Summer 2003. That issue will help finance an alumni facility at the University of Maryland's College Park campus and will likely be privately placed with Riggs...
- Moody's Drops Univ. of Maryland Issue. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p4
The article reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service to downgrade its rating on $34.4 million of senior student-housing revenue bonds issued by the Maryland Economic Development Corp. in 2003. The bonds were issued on behalf of the University of Maryland. The speculative-grade bonds...
- Triple-A Dartmouth Readies $110 Million Transaction. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p4
Focuses on a multi-million dollar bond sale planned by the Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. Purpose behind the sale of bonds; Credit rating of the college; Underwriters of the negotiated sale.
- Georgia: University Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31266, p39
Reports on plans of the Georgia Private Colleges and University Authority to multi-million dollars of revenue bonds as of November 2001. Uses to which revenue generated for the bonds sale would be put; Amount of bonds to be issued; Financial status of the authority.
- Arizona Univ. Regents Refunding Part of a 'Loaves & Fishes' Story. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p3
Reports on the plans of Arizona Board of Regents to offer refunding debt on behalf of Arizona State University. Previous offers made by the board; Financial advisor and underwriter of the negotiated sale; Security provision for the bonds; Rating given by credit rating agencies Standard & Poor's...