After Court Victory, Coralville, Iowa, Is Ready to Sell $46 Million
- Adriaen's Landing in Hartford, But Will He Bring Boom Times? Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p32
Deals with financing issues related to the Adriaen's Landing project in Hartford, Connecticut. Combination of state-issued bonds and private funds; Number of jobs to be created; Scheduled date of completion; Capital City Economic Development Authority's management of the citywide revitalization...
- Best-sellers: the cities of Westchester Cty. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Crain's New York Business;09/06/99, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p27
Focuses on economic development projects in Westchester County, New York. Revitalization of the city of New Rochelle; Public-private partnerships in Yonkers; Construction of the White Plains Town Center in White Plains; Willingness of local officials to extend subsidies.
- Mount Vernon renews Third St. neighborhood. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/16/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the progress made by the city of Mount Vernon, New York to transform the Third Street neighborhood blighted by crime and decay into a revitalized area based on art business and small shops. Acquisition of buildings for redevelopment; Urban Renewal designation; Formation of a task...
- Crossrail may crush other vital projects. Hall, Peter // Regeneration & Renewal;9/13/2010, p17
The article reports on the impact of the 16 billion pound Crossrail juggernaut on the other rail projects in London, England and on their potential progress to regeneration.
- Main Street takes international turn. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;04/27/98, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the launching of the redevelopment project, Arizona Main Street Program. Success of the national effort version in towns like Yuma, Flagstaff and Casa Grande; Steve Scahefer as Arizona Main Street Coordinator; Redevelopment projects for Nogales, Arizona.
- Arizona milestone: Main Street goes international. // Inside Tucson Business;04/27/98, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p4
Editorial. Cites Arizona's hosting of the first international Main Street project in the United States. Revitalization of the town of Nogales; Steve Schaefer as Arizona Main Street's coordinator; Expected benefits of the Arizona Main Street Program.
- Renaissance Zones advance. Eder, Bryan // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/29/96, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the Michigan State Senate's approval of the Renaissance Zone legislation that aims to revive development in neglected areas in the state. Bill package's provisions; Tax incentives in designated development zones.
- Frisco, Tex., Putting $198M of Bonds, Arts District Before Voters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p3
Reports the decision of Dallas suburb of Frisco on the 197.5 million dollars general obligation bond in Texas. Proposal to finance capital projects of four-city arts district; Approval on 40 million dollars election by voters; Estimation of 16 million dollars short-term holding facility for the...
- Michigan Transportation Department Plans $320M Bond Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31103, p5
Announces the Michigan Transportation Department's plan to sell long-term restricted transportation bonds in April 2001 as part of a state economic development plan to upgrade roads and bridges. Plan for part of the fixed-rate serial revenue bonds to be a refunding of outstanding debt; Aim of...